Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is my hair too short for dreads?

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
is my hair too short for dreads?The back of my hair is longer, and i want to get them done at a hair dresser, so is it possible to get the back done, then wait until the top and sides are longer, and then get them done? I want dreads, so my hair isnt as curly/ fluffy and im sick of cutting my hair short to get the curls out. Please help http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Screenshot2010-06-20at114023AM.png http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Screenshot2010-06-20at114013AM.png http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Screenshot2010-06-20at113916AM.png http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac355/qwertyful/?action=view&current=Screenshot2010-06-20at113850AM.png ....Im not really keen on going 'natural' because i hate my hair looking crappy/curly and fuzzy, so i dont want to wait ages to grow my hair because it will take ages and look bad in the meantime....And is it better to do it myself or go to the hairdresser??? i really want dreads ASAP cause my hair is just embarrassing, and im sick of having to cut it really short.If doing them by myself is best....what method should i use. (i never wash my hair because it goes fluffy, but its not dirty hair) ;DP.s. Natural dreading doesnt work for me, i never wash my hair or touch it and it doesnt do anything.
updated by @will-gibbs: 01/13/15 08:38:26PM
Zachary Al Joseph Warfel
@zachary-al-joseph-warfel
14 years ago
34 posts
Oh Jah, your hair is perfect for natural dreads but if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET IT DONE NOW THIS SECOND then Twist and Rip at home. Don't go to a salon. They need loyal customers and will screw up your hair so that you can be one with dreads too.Before you do T&R though, I assure you, with the hair that you have, it would lock naturally in no time. I had dead straight hair and it's already locked up noticeably in three weeks so please just consider natural because your hair is perfect for it.
Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
Natural dreading doesnt work for me, i never wash my hair or touch it and it doesnt do anything. What is the process for natural dreading.Read more: Is my hair too short for dreads? - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/is-my-hair-too-short-for#ixzz0rTALMhUV the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution Zachary Al Joseph Warfel said:
Oh Jah, your hair is perfect for natural dreads but if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GET IT DONE NOW THIS SECOND then Twist and Rip at home. Don't go to a salon. They need loyal customers and will screw up your hair so that you can be one with dreads too.

Before you do T&R though, I assure you, with the hair that you have, it would lock naturally in no time. I had dead straight hair and it's already locked up noticeably in three weeks so please just consider natural because your hair is perfect for it.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
your definitely gonna want more length, back in 9th grade thats what my hair looked like,I know what you mean on the curls (it turns into an afro for awhile till it gets long enough for your curls to hang down)no salon is gonna give you locks like what you want, only time man, I know it's not what you wanna hear but it's true.Wash your hair!especially as it gets longer, be4 I had locks I only washed it with water and the funny thing was people said my hair smelled good (once a month I would use whatever was in the shower but for the most part I hated the way it made my hair feel)when I started my locks I started using the online soap followed by whats recommended on this site and never felt better.in the meantime take your vitamins and wait up :)*edit* wanna say that you can definitely start natural from your length just follow what Zach said, and as your hair grows, the foundation for your locks will as well, very rewarding feeling to start early on as you see every change happen,if your expecting "awesome phat locks" in a few weeks tho, there really is no option.everything can be summed up with time/patience.
Zachary Al Joseph Warfel
14 years ago
34 posts
That's probably part of why your hair won't dread.Contrary to popular belief, dirty hair is not good for dreading, nice clean hair dreads faster.Ask yourself this, "do I run my fingers through my hair? do I brush/comb my hair?"If you answered yes to either of those questions, that's probably why your hair doesn't dread naturally.The process for natural dreading, keep your hair clean with a non-residue shampoo and stop touching it, at all. Don't run your fingers through your hair, pull the knots apart or anything, just let it be. Get a dread tam and put all of your hair in there and eventually, you'll have beautiful all natural dreads.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
as for your most recent response, of course nothing is happening, I really think your hair is too short, I mean you can't even braid it at that length (not easily at any rate)you need to hang in there, (which like everyone thats gone from short to long hair knows)the time frame of getting your hair from around your eyebrow length to past that is the most annoying
Zachary Al Joseph Warfel
14 years ago
34 posts
If you do natural dreads, start now, while your hair is short. That way it'll get all knotty soon and start growing that way by itself.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 natural dreads would be best its wanting to dread but..u need to wash your hair to dread2 its long enough3 no salons no salons no no no no salons unless u want to shave your head in 3 weeks4 go natural it does not look crappy or takes ages not if u wash your hair5 if iu dont go natural twist n ripbut]no salons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form