14 years ago
8 posts
at ou
updated by @linda: 02/06/18 03:08:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
at ou?i generaly get nothing but respect but on a rare occassion get a look at his hair commentits rare i get anything negative

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
been awhile since I've heard anything disrespectful said to me, the last years its been alot of questions, some people ask why I have them If i can't wash them at which point I immediately tell them they are misinformed and if I couldn't wash my hair you would have been able to smell me a mile away since I've had them for a good awhile now.
Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
I get a lot of questions about cutting them, combing them out, washing them. and I have to tell people that to get dreads your hair has to be clean and then they are no longer misinformed. That's about it though. noone really says to me "you look dirty" or "hey! you're gross" lol.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea more often then not i get wow thats the most beautiful thing i ever seen and i get that even from really conservative types

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
I tend to get a lot of rasta, look its a white Bob marley comments ( so many reasons im not a rasta, i try to educate people as to why) a group of guys a while back didnt like em.But mostly positive comments, the best i guess, has to be a very good friend of mine whos never been a fan really (till i inspired his girlfriend to get dreads) said "its really great to see ya dreads out ben" that was a good day.
DreddieFreddy
@dreddiefreddy
14 years ago
30 posts
i always feel like people are staring at me or judging me because i appear Caucasian, have dreads, and live in the suburbs (where dreads r uncommon) all at the same time. i just try to ignore the negative vibes and embrace the positive ones- like supportive friends in real life or on this site ;)
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
yep. if you love em thats all that matters."you can please some people some of the time but you cant please all the people all the time."We love em too!
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
I was at a town festival yesterday and a Jamaican family walked past me and my brother and my brother said. "hey look. Theres your birth family"They didnt even have dreads XDThat wasnt a mean comment but it did make me laugh!
linda
@linda
14 years ago
8 posts
thats very true buddy. like your comments DreddieFreddy said:
i always feel like people are staring at me or judging me because i appear Caucasian, have dreads, and live in the suburbs (where dreads r uncommon) all at the same time. i just try to ignore the negative vibes and embrace the positive ones- like supportive friends in real life or on this site ;)

updated by @linda: 07/23/15 06:27:05PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form