Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads getting fatter??

Wolf
@wolf
14 years ago
19 posts
Hi Brothers and Sisters i hope your day is going positive. If not, pick up some garbage, tidy your room or tell mom you love her :)Just a quick question, im just at 5 months and would like to know if anyone thinks my dreads will thicken over time. If noones seen them i have a timeline in, well journals and timelines.. i was wondering if id have to start combining or will they bulk up on there own. Thanks for any time anyone puts into this thread x
updated by @wolf: 01/13/15 08:36:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
depends on how u started em and how u maintain..crochet dreads wont unless u naturalize emother dreads probably will but no guarantee (well they generaly thicken to the root section size tho)u can congo but id wait till a year just to be sure they dont thicken too much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bobbi
@bobbi
14 years ago
27 posts
I noticed that my dreads really started to thicken after 5-7 months. When they first formed naturally most of my dreads were super skinny and now that I am at 8 months I've noticed that alot of those skinny ones are really fattening up. I think they are collecting frizz and also joining themselves together. It's really quite an interesting process. Have a good one!
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
They will get thicker as your hair continues to shed and get caught up in the core of your dreadlocks.I started my dreadlocks with twist and rip and mine have all started to get thicker.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
mine also thickened up alot, once the new root growth starts to kick in you can guess roughly how thick/thin they will really be.
Mal
@mal
14 years ago
15 posts
Crotchet dreadlocks won't? I was curious about this, my housemate has had his crocheted a few times now.. and although they have gotten a bit thicker over a 8month period.. they still seem quite thin..How would you naturalize crochet dreads? Just leave them be and dont touch them again, or re-doing them and starting from natural. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, just thought itd be easier to ask in an existing thread.. ;) soaringeagle said:
depends on how u started em and how u maintain..crochet dreads wont unless u naturalize em
other dreads probably will but no guarantee (well they generaly thicken to the root section size tho)

u can congo but id wait till a year just to be sure they dont thicken too much
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
no that's right on, the constant pulling in of the hairs (as in being done constantly over time) stops them from thickening, just leaving them alone would be enough unless you wanted to start over,they'll probably be a little fuzzy at first to,
Wolf
@wolf
14 years ago
19 posts
Wow thanks for all the imput guys, lots of stuff to think about.. yeah i hope they thicken up a wee bit.. but if they dont its all Gravy!! Dont bother me none... x
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form