Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing new dreads?

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
So I did get my dreads all done on Tuesday! Still need to post pictures I know. :)But I do have a question. When it comes to washing my dreads for the first time, when should I? I've heard 1-2 weeks, also have heard a month or until my scalp itches. So what do you suggest?And I did go out and buy Dr. Bronners.P.s. Love my dreads! Can't wait to share pictures with you guys!
updated by @pixie: 02/14/15 06:23:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash whenever u feel like it try the baking soda mix 1st since u dont scrubsave the bronners for once theyre lil more stablebtw when u do use it..dilute it alot! 12 times more water then soap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
whats the ratio for the baking soda? I'm sure you've already posted it on the site, but I'm a tad lazy this morning. haha. :) soaringeagle said:
wash whenever u feel like it try the baking soda mix 1st since u dont scrub

save the bronners for once theyre lil more stable
btw when u do use it..dilute it alot! 12 times more water then soap
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i use 1/3 cup to a gallon but many ppl use different ratiosexperiment u can use less for hair thats not real dirty more if scalps crusty or hair dirtyafter u wanna do an after rinse with lil vinagar in water..dont use alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
Yes you do need to post some pics for everyone cuz they look really good.
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
do yu have to rinse with vinegar or can yu just do water alone? soaringeagle said:
i use 1/3 cup to a gallon but many ppl use different ratios
experiment u can use less for hair thats not real dirty more if scalps crusty or hair dirty

after u wanna do an after rinse with lil vinagar in water..dont use alot
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Some people can get away with just using water to rinse with. While others may not be able to do so. Being able to rinse with just water or not isn't something that anyone other than yourself can determine.I can rinse with water only and not have any issues. However I usually leave a towel on my head for five to ten minutes to allow my scalp to absorb any moisture it needs before letting my hair air dry. I also have a water filter attached to my shower head. windy?! said:
do yu have to rinse with vinegar or can yu just do water alone?
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
golden eagle- how do i do the acv rinse?
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
From what I have read after you have rinsed your hair with water really well pour the rinse solution on your head and allow it to soak a few minutes and then rinse it out with water.I have no experience using the acv rinse so I am unable to, specifically, say how to use it. windy?! said:
golden eagle- how do i do the acv rinse?
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
I wash mine 3-4 times a week right from the start.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form