Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Burn Your Dreads?!

Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
So i heard about people take'n a lighter to there locs saying it helps it look better and maybe even get a little tighter. I just don't know about that. It seems kinda risky. What do you folks think?
updated by @nic-sullivan: 02/03/18 12:53:16PM
Brad
@brad
14 years ago
20 posts
jus done it. it def. works!!!!! :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it does not make them tighter it just burns off the frizz off the outsideu gotta be careful around loose tips and definately roots..if u ever used wax its a serious fire danger but if u never waxed it will flare and go out fastbut take a wet rag at the roots just touch a lighter to the loose hairs then quickly wipe down with wet ragim explaining the technique but NOT RECOMMENDING IT

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
idk cus if yu rip 1 normal piece of hair and burn it? it like crinkles and shrinks and gets skinny and smells bad and im pretty sure it would be the same with dreaded idk tho?
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
burn the frizz on the outside of the lock, if anything I'd think it'd make it looser since who know's what else your gonna burn off (like hairs connecting deep in the lock) seems like it could even make them unravel more.I've heard of people doing it, sometimes as a joke even (or accidentally)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
some ppl even shave the hairs off i really see no point in any of it it just seems silly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
hair+fire=bad
matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
that is not somethin i would do
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
what if you done it right after you got done washing? like squeeze water out in a towel as much as possible and then you still have the fuzzies yet your actual dreads are wet, ya know? so they really can't flare up?... i mean i dunno... seem safer? just a thought. :)
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
sounds dangerous to me..i wouldnt try it because fuzzies are just new growth and you dont really want to discourage your dreads from growing. and i dont mind fuzzies either. and burning hair smells nasty!
updated by @emily: 07/23/15 08:15:45AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form