Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Could dandruff be mistake for as lice?

Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
i've noticed that there's little white particles in my hair, some that come out when i shake my head others that kinda stick. if there attached to the hair does that mean it's lice?
updated by @redlock: 02/03/18 03:13:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
depends on the shape if they are odd shapes they are dandruff if they are attasvhed to the hair and all the same shape it could be lice, but youd be abnle to find bugs too have someione check with a magnifying glassalso, lice does not mean dread death you can get rid of licce easily in dreads

if you confirm its dandruff or lice let us know and we'll tell u best treatment

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to further answer your questyion i was hospirolized in oregon for an infection (severe) while there i had dandruff and agrevasted by red man syndrome a reaction to the antibiotics that makes u itch severely they diagnosed me with lice from 8 feet away tortured me ith the chemical treatments tried refusing me a nesacary surgery if i didnt shave my head, left the chem lice treatments on 5 times longer then recomended (and did them daily even tho it says never use more then weekly) my scalp bled and was comming off in chunks it took many years to get my scalp even somewhat ok after that and i still have probs and have a high chance of cancer now from it finaly 1 nurse thought it was insane so took a closer look and confirmed i didnt have 1 single bug just dandruf..

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theyre the same docs that screwed up my elbow so bad i was gonna sue theyre asses but i was back in pa other side of the country and finding a lawyer and doc out there that would say i was malpractice wasnt easy

--
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
i'll let you know tomorrow SE, I'm just kinda confused at how i could've even got this. I eat extremely clean (no chemicals,perservatives,meat), ive been using the baking soda washes with the oils and acv 3-4 times a week, no one i know has this. I guess i just got to find out what it is, im just driving myself a little crazy because if it is lice i want to get to straight to work and start getting it out of there
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
are there kids around? kids are lice factories kids in school spread em like crazyu can get em riding on a bus anything teatree will help keep ewm away but isnt foolproofif it is lice its easy to get rid of lice in dreadstheres info in other threads here just search the sitee for licebut its proly dandruff

--
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
Doctor said it was lice and I did a vinegar and cayennee soak for 2-3 hours . Rinsed and most of the locks I had separated , it's a bummer
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
try alcaholrubbing alcahol for 30 minutes (or as long as u can stand it) repeat every 3 days or more often but repeat at least for 9 days or longer till your sure theyre gone

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
13 years ago
458 posts
Rubbing alcohol is not very pleasant to get in your eyes. Also quite annoying if you are a smoker, guaranteed that you will be wanting a cig the whole time. But it works wonderfully and feels nice and tingly if your scalp isn't overly sensitive.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if your scalps chewed up it will sting like crazy u will be cursing up a storm..but uit works kills em dead

and thats all that matters 1/2 hour cursing and screamming is worth it when thry have been driving u insane for a week (or longer)

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:35:09AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form