Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spelling matters!

Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
i was just thinking about all the great things/advice people have to share here. i've noticed that sometimes there are forum topics with poor grammar or spelling and i just think it cheapens the message you are trying to convey. good advice should be presented well. it adds legitimacy to what you are saying. whether you're asking a question or warning people of your mistakes (cough-wax-cough), how you say it helps it carry weight. i realize errors are made and i'm not trying to rag on that. (SE this does not apply to you because i hear you have a damaged keyboard LOL)simply doing a brief proof-read may be all it takes sometimes but i think it's a small consideration that can be important. i'm gonna really feel dumb if i make any spelling errors now... haha. cheers!
updated by @andrew-harder: 02/05/18 01:19:36PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
mozilla firefox (funny because they wanted me to capitalize that as i typed it)works wonders :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
acyualy, mispelling matters as well, when u look through the search stats you see people find info by all kinds of mispellings like "is croqet bad fer dredz" "mi dreds r all fizzy" "how meny dreads shuld be on a hed" etc etc etcpoint is sometimes your list in a sea of properly spelled search terms but a few typos can bring you right to the top of searches if the searcher mispells too.i do agree with you but theres also the other side where it helps somewhat too..also being a worldwide community we cant expect everone to have perfect language skills.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lmao^^^it's funny cause it's true though
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Whol caures aboujt typ0s, adds charavcter :D
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Eyy Brahh I F33L ya C3Pt 1'm Kn0T rlly F33lin ya, d1s ShYt is R33l cO0l.ok my brain exploded ;)haha gotta go to work, peace
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Thanks to my son..who loves pulling keys off my laptops keyboard..I am missing my capslock key, both shifts, the tab, the b, the v, and the z keys.Ohh..AND the space bar key!!! So I have to press the little tiny buttons underneath where the keys once were. It sucks! And causes alot of errors. Usually it takes me quite awhile to type something out correctly haha. Funny discussion :)
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
reply to everyone at once:ian, yes! its that easy! our computers almost try to do it for us, even our phones (except t9 can be very wrong sometime haha) i hate when people use number and stuff but that was funnySE i agree with that completely. correct spelling is useful for multiple reasons on both the transmitting and receiving side of information. on the other hand i realize there are plenty of people on here who's first language is not english. but i think many of them try harder or at least use the language to the best of their understanding. i applaud that!btw i read your pig ate some keys off your keyboard?? that's pretty funny.jack, your attitude on the subject is different than mine. sure it can add creativity in some situations but your examples simply express carelessness. some words i just spell differently because i simply like how they look at the time like "skool, werk ect..." (maybe even you can sound those too(or two, i forget...) out).
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Man who cares about typos, u still get the message we all know how to read and most of the time when a typo is present its because the person typing felt so passionatly and so fast that they just dont see it. its not about what it looks like its the message it carrys
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i have multiple issuesthis keyboard (desktop) does have the h key, the laptop doesnt..but i type verry fast with 1 finger (nerve damage) and only 4 keys have the fill letter on em still 10 have partials (u and d both look like p w looks like v h like i and whatever this is l looks like _plus im sleep deprived so even though i know e is next to w (one of the keys i can see) i might hit r cause it moved iunder my finger.spellcheck cant figure out alot of my typos either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:19:07AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form