Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lush shampoo bars?

Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
hey AGES ago i bought lush shampoo bar called Sea salt or something i think, i dunno. Anyway would this be alright to wash my dreads with????
updated by @jack-roth: 08/20/21 08:23:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theyre suposedly ok but...they contain slsmost anyway i think a couple dont

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
sls? soaringeagle said:
theyre suposedly ok but...they contain sls

most anyway i think a couple dont
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sls-sodium laurel sulphatelinked to cancer and is in almost all foaming stuff from toothpaste to shampoo to soapthe more u use the higher your chance of cancer.. Jack Roth said:
sls?

soaringeagle said:
theyre suposedly ok but...they contain sls

most anyway i think a couple dont

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I am so grossed out by all the shit the corp's are killing us and our planet with.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I use squeaky green or something like that on my dreads :)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Wicked :D
Jo
@jo
14 years ago
176 posts
I actually got a lush shampoo bar thinking I was doing a good thing, but the SLS was like the first ingredient. a good website is http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ they have a rating out of ten of ALOT of different products. 10 being completely hazardous. And my godiva lush shampoo bar was a 5.
Jo
@jo
14 years ago
176 posts
I just found the ingredients for the squeaky green bar. I unfortunately purchased that one aswell. The first ingredient is SLS there's some other garbage in there too I wouldnt want on my skin. Such as benzyl benzoate. That stuff is kinda nasty too, here's what it's used forBenzyl Benzoate is used for the synthesis of drugs (especially for antispasmodic drugs as a scabicides and to treat pediculosis). Benzyl benzoate finds application in fragrance. It is used in pre-fixing agent. Benzyl benzoate itself is not an active fragrance ingredient. It improves the stability and odor characteristics of the main ingredients. It is used as a miticide and in food field. It is also used as a plasticizer for polymers and cellulose.I will never understand how something can be in plastic, a fragrance, and antispasmodic drugs. Those things have nothing in common. Well I guess except for benzl benzoate.Different benzoates are also found in toilet bowl cleaners.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
so the consensus is: you can use it or not, just depends on how much of a nihilist you are :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form