Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not dread related, but my day looks better already....

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
You know, this is just kind of random - but maybe it will lift someone else's day too. Up until this point, I was having a horrible morning. Raising a child with Autism is a daunting task, to say the least. I drug him crabby and irritable out of bed, force fed him, dressed him and drug him along to take his older brother to school. I spent my preschool parent/teacher conference blubbering over the fact that I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be discussing whether or not one of my children would be able to cope in a "normal" classroom for kindergarden. After taking my son through the grocery store where I ended up chasing him instead of getting my shopping done, my morning concluded with reprimanding him for saying a man was fat (right in front of the "fat" man) and having to drag him out of the pet store kicking and screaming (all the time aware of the uncomfortable stares from others, not sure if it was because of the woman with the CRAZY hair dragging some kid screaming, the screaming itself, or BOTH)because I would not buy him a hamster ball (we don't have a hamster.) Enduring a hysterical crying tantrum behind me in the car all the way home, I made it in the house practically in tears wanting nothing more but peace and quiet and a glass of wine. All this by 1:00 in the EARLY afternoon. I have to say though, that after 5 minutes of being on the forum, my blood pressure dropped, I laughed at a couple of comments, forgot to get my wine, and actually dismissed my terrible, horrible, very bad morning (for those of you familiar with the book.) :P So, THANK YOU everyone on Dreadlocksite.com., for perking up my day, helping me to forget, and for keeping me sober!!! (Ha-Ha) I think I can face the afternoon now. Well, maybe ONE glass of wine....
updated by @midread: 01/13/15 08:34:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
put down the wineaccept a hug instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hugs mama, glad you found laughter and love here instead of a drink this afternoon :)Have you considered homeschooling?I understand if you simply need the break but if school is going to be too overwhelming homeschooling can be a beautiful thing, you can practice child led learning and skip the endless meetings and gripes from the school board. Just a thought, I am phasing into homeschooling here on my end after ears of battling the system on behalf of my "differently-abled son (not autism) and i can't wait until this school year is over and we go full time at home.I was home-schooled as a child myself for a few years.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I have SO wanted to home school my children. My 12 year old is very gifted. Usually a straight A student. He was bored all these years until this grade and is still kind of "bored" with school. However, my husband is really against it. He was raised by teachers, mother and stepfather both were teachers and administrators. He doesn't feel like I am "qualified" to teach our children. Really, I'm not the sharpest tack in the bunch, LOL, but from what I have heard, that shouldn't be a problem. I know a lot of parents who home school and if my youngest has problems, we may have to do that. However, my older son is a real social butterfly. He may not like being home. Plus, he's at that age - no girls to look at at home. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
most teachers arent too smart eitheri had 1 teacher who just took the other teachers course outline wrote ity on the board in tiny letters noone could read then read it in a mumble noone could hear..then if you asked a question hed just reread it..we ended up organizing with the other class to have the students teach us what theyre teacher tought them...

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Weee Looovvvveeeee Yooouuuu!!!!!( ( ( ( BIGHUGGZ) ) ) )
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Thank you all for the hugs!!! :) I am having a much better afternoon. So is my son. :)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
that's good to hear :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form