Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Biotin

Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
Okay, so a lot of people including myself want to grow their dreads a little bit faster, and who wouldn't want longer dreads? well when i was new here i asked around and i was told to use biotin(a hair supplement), and i bought some today so i will be taking it for the next however long lol and update pics on here so any new people that come along and already members can see for themselves if it actually works and how well it works. My dreads are roughly 3-5 inches. The ones up front above my eyes are 3 and some are 4 others around my head are about 5 so yeah. I will post pics tomorrow and update every now and then.
updated by @traelon: 01/13/15 08:34:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how old r they too cause if your still in the shrinking stage u wont see growth at all for awhile

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
how many mg are u taking? i think to get the full benefit u can take 5mg daily (b vitamin) so it's water soluble so you just piss out what it doesn't use,also u can take horsetail (silica) which also is helpful for hair growth.
Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
My dreads are about 5 months old, my hair has grown a decent amount from the first few months of having dreads so to my knowledge i'm out of the shrinking stage. During that stage I also took Verseo(a hair shampoo that's supposed to make your hair grow faster lol). It doesn't say how many mgs it is, and I bought it at walmart for 7 bucks compared to 10 bucks at gnc.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
been vegatarian 26-28 years or soeveryone i know whos hair grows as fast as mine are toopoint being i wonderedwhat u meant by "proper sources"if yiou look at me inity 1 raul (not a member but naimibanonis partner and theres a pic of hijm i think in inspiration thread) and quite a few others i know with dreads to the ground or near every last 1 of em is vegatarian im sure (i havent asked every 1 but know most are, guessing the others are based on who they are as people)im not sure what that means as far as nutrition and hair growth but it is an interesting statistic to noticealso the sadhus in india whos dreads get over 15-20 feet..vegatarians same with rastaswould be interesting to ask that asian guy with the longest dread about his diet too ST said:
if you eat properly you shoudl have no need for supplementation.... proper protein intake from quality sources.....

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
folic acid is also good
Emily2
@emily2
14 years ago
17 posts
eating healthy is the key. And as you already know, the only thing that can truly make your locks longer is TIME TIME TIME. (and patience..it is a virtue)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
eh never been a fan of them vitamin shoppe is having a sale till the end of the month that was buy 1 get 1 half off,but it doesn't say how much is in it?I didn't think that was allowed :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form