Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dance?

Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
I was wondering how many people on here like to dance. I have recently joined the ballroom dance team at my school and it's absolutely awesome. What types of dance do you like to do?
updated by @jim-the-kraken: 02/04/18 02:04:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
is there a kindas dance called epileptic cunvusions?random spastic movements? i dunno never could be constrained by a kind of dance.. was just always whatever the music made my body doim just a slave to the rythem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
I guess I would call it flow dancing, you just let your body flow with the music. That's always a good time, especially at concerts.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
I like to dance for sure but I'm kinda like SE, my idea of dancing is like like the folks in Tylers Camp Zoe video......just let the music move ya.....Greatful Dead dancing I call it!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I do the chicken dance. =p
lol, I think I wouldn't mind learning swing dancing. Used to do what was called liquid dance, don't know what it would be called now.
Was never that good, but cant be great at everything. =Dedit....video isn't me, just an example of the style.
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I'm starting ballet for the first time ever on monday! :) A 23 year old, dreaded, ballerina!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Awesome! Congratulations! I'm sure it'll be exciting. Alicia said:
I'm starting ballet for the first time ever on monday! :) A 23 year old, dreaded, ballerina!
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Thanks! I hope so. I always have wished that I took dance when I was a kid and thought I was too old to start now..but a few weeks ago I was like.. Who cares how old I am..I just want to dance. Haha Spider Feet said:
Awesome! Congratulations! I'm sure it'll be exciting.

Alicia said:
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Oh awesome! How long did you take it for? I was wondering.. is it hard to learn it and be GOOD at it when starting at this age? Knottysleeves said:
You are NEVER too old! I didn't start ballet until my late 20s, and there were many in my class (it was an adult class at a professional ballet school) who didn't start until well into their 30s.

I probably wouldn't have appreciated it as a kid anyway. It's actually quite a mental workout as well as physical. I loved it, but had to stop a few years ago due to an injury. Which is really frustrating because I was only 6 months away from finally starting pointe training. :-(

Just a tip -- make sure to put the weight of your dreadbun at the top of your head rather than at your neck. Or make Princess Leia style buns on the sides. Otherwise it really pulls at your neck in certain positions.

Alicia said:
Thanks! I hope so. I always have wished that I took dance when I was a kid and thought I was too old to start now..but a few weeks ago I was like.. Who cares how old I am..I just want to dance. Haha
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
From what I've experience so far, it all comes down to how much time you put into it. I try to put about 6 or 7 hours a week in just because it's so fun and I want to get good really bad. Alicia said:
Oh awesome! How long did you take it for? I was wondering.. is it hard to learn it and be GOOD at it when starting at this age?

Knottysleeves said:
You are NEVER too old! I didn't start ballet until my late 20s, and there were many in my class (it was an adult class at a professional ballet school) who didn't start until well into their 30s.

I probably wouldn't have appreciated it as a kid anyway. It's actually quite a mental workout as well as physical. I loved it, but had to stop a few years ago due to an injury. Which is really frustrating because I was only 6 months away from finally starting pointe training. :-(

Just a tip -- make sure to put the weight of your dreadbun at the top of your head rather than at your neck. Or make Princess Leia style buns on the sides. Otherwise it really pulls at your neck in certain positions.

Alicia said:
Thanks! I hope so. I always have wished that I took dance when I was a kid and thought I was too old to start now..but a few weeks ago I was like.. Who cares how old I am..I just want to dance. Haha
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form