Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I wanting dreads, and wanting help/advice

Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
Hi my name is Lindsey, im 19. (long, THICK hair)I have been looking into getting them for a little bit now and dont know excactly how im going to do them, either backcombing just because its quickest, or the rubberband and beads idea. I want them to be super skinny kind of like that kelly sharbaugh girl from survivor (if you dont know who that is google her). I need help on deciding and when i do decide what i need and what i need to do.thanksThe picture i uploaded is this kelly girl.....
updated by @lindsey-b: 03/02/19 08:41:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets see your picture but i dont think u want to backcomb especialy for real thin dreads better tio twist n ripquicker and neater toou could go natural as well (u dont wanna mess with rubber bands but beads are ok)that girls probly twist n rip not natural since theyre mostly neat lil dreads but hard to be sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy looking close they could be natural possibly.. ptobly not but there are slight subdued hints that they could possibly be ..but kinda assume theyre twist n rip still

--
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I did twist and rip last week. I don't think backcombing would be any "faster" than T&R.. It took my friend and I about 4 hours and I have alot of hair. Now I just wear a wool TAM to bed and just wash and seperate them. And wait! Good luck :)
Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
Thanks for all of your guys input! I am now considering t&r. but its probably a stupid question but im not really into having them if i have to cut most of my hair off. is there anyway i wouldnt have to cut of most of my hair but just cut a little when i dont wat them anymore ?
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I have read alot about that too haha. I have seen ALOT of people say that if you want to take the time, you can comb them out. People say to use lots of conditioner or baby oil and just use a small metal flea comb. I've heard it can take days or even weeks..and you may still want to get a haircut after..but I would say all the effort would be worth it if you could still have some hair left!
Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
ok thank you!by the way yours look great! i want mine like that but maybe a little smaller. Alicia said:
I have read alot about that too haha. I have seen ALOT of people say that if you want to take the time, you can comb them out. People say to use lots of conditioner or baby oil and just use a small metal flea comb. I've heard it can take days or even weeks..and you may still want to get a haircut after..but I would say all the effort would be worth it if you could still have some hair left!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can comb em out even after years but..you will never want to be without them and will become depressed if you do remove em

--
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Haha probably true. Even after just a week (well a week tomorrow)..I already feel like they are a part of me. soaringeagle said:
u can comb em out even after years but..you will never want to be without them and will become depressed if you do remove em
Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
Im thinking ahead, i didnt come on this site to be told that, and thats why i am asking cause im looking into all my options!!thanksss but I AM Makarov said:
You don't even have dreadlocks yet and you're already considering cutting them?
That's just sad. I think you should really think about if dreadlocks are right for you...

Lindsey B said:
Thanks for all of your guys input! I am now considering t&r. but its probably a stupid question but im not really into having them if i have to cut most of my hair off. is there anyway i wouldnt have to cut of most of my hair but just cut a little when i dont wat them anymore ?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form