Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading daughter's hair, is it fair?

Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
My daughter is two, has prretty long hair. She twirls the back at night, and hubby refuses to brush. And now its so knotted up after a while that im thinking to let her have dreads :) She HATES the brush, runs and screams from it. Is it fair of me to do this to her? I mean i could just brush it out. DH hates the thought of ME in dreads, but wont brush her hair, so i havent brought it up. What do you think?I wont post pics of her herre, you can find on my blog melodynacke.blogspot.com
updated by @tenaya-nacke: 11/12/21 10:21:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its fair as long as u alow her to get rid of em if she chooses to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Oh certainly. Shes only 2 now, so i figure its easier than straddling her just to brush her hair when i get home from work. I never make my kids do stuff with their hair they dont want. My oldest son has lovely locks, not dreaded, but not short like a boy either. I can only imagine what my inlaws will say. They think im pretty weird anyways. soaringeagle said:
its fair as long as u alow her to get rid of em if she chooses to
Zen
@zen
14 years ago
10 posts
Kids hate the brush at that age...i guess it's ok, sure she'll get tired of them as she grows,that's how kids are. My daughter is the same, she's 8 and she has 3 dreads now....peace&love_zen
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Aww thank you. Shes my littlest love for sure!!She twirls in the back at night making things worse. Knowing i will have them in the future, and kids are fascinated with what their parents do, maybe it wont upset her later. If so, off they will go when shes ready. she has a good portion of the b ack of her head knotting up on its own. Probably 10-15 dreads worth. Yoshi said:
The question you should ask is "will it make her happy". Given the information you provided I'd suggest it would. She is absolutely adorable btw.
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
haha im sure! My oldest two are 9 and 10, and they let me know what they want LOL
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i wish my parents let me dread at that age lol!i think its fair definately she can cut them if she wants when shes older
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think kids with dreads is awesome as long as you will be prepared to deal with the issues if other kids or even adults say nasty things. Let her know how to handle it without getting upset.
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
ummm,if she hates getting her hair brushed,its probly coz it hurts...you could try holding the top of her hair when you brush it so as it dosent pull... and if she dosent like it getting pulled when its brushed,then she sure as hell aint gunna be up for ripping/seperating dreads...
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Her hair is normally not like that. And yes i know how to brush her hair. She is my fourth child, so this is not foreign to me. I do not ever hurt her, period. im sorry you assumed so. We did try to let it dread, but my husband and his side of the faimly could not handle the look of it. So i brushed it out.And no, she didnt cry and scream. ratcakie said:
ummm,if she hates getting her hair brushed,its probly coz it hurts...you could try holding the top of her hair when you brush it so as it dosent pull... and if she dosent like it getting pulled when its brushed,then she sure as hell aint gunna be up for ripping/seperating dreads...

updated by @tenaya-nacke: 07/02/15 01:43:40PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form