Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do you sleep with twist and rip dreads?

matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
i am just getting started with my dread journey, but how do i sleep with my dreads with out any rubber bands in it.it seems like they would just fall apart in the morning.what do i do?
updated by @matt2: 02/03/18 06:07:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
close eyes count sheepif worried sleep in a hat but not neededppl go natural without worry most dreading happens while u sleep

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I didn't used bands actually till about 3months in, your locks will loosen up early on, but sleeping is where about 90% of the progress happens, just sleep on them, put a tam/beanie over them that works for you. it'll work out in time.
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
You really don't need to sleep with or even use rubberbands at all. I haven't used them at all. Sleeping in a tam helps but that's not necessary either. When you get up in the morning, separate your sections and babies and just go... Now that the weather is nice, ride with the windows down in your car when you're driving... lots of knots get in there with all the wind... Patience...
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I just put my head on my pillow and fall asleep.
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
with the twist and rip method sometimes your hair doesnt not the way it wants to so it instead unknots almost all of the way and knots in the way that they want to. Just be patient and dont keep twisting and riping them once they r initially done because your only stoping there dreading process.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
lay down and sleep..lol dont worry so much, theyll dread up while youre snoozin :)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I slept in a wool tam for the first few months (when I could be bothered to remember lol). At this point, I'm sure the wool helped, but I will never be able to tell how much. Now, I sleep with nothing at all (save for a nice comfy pillow, a fleece blanket and my mate) and my dreads are doing just fine! You just have to wait...be patient. Think about it: you want dreads right? dreads= knots. What happens to clean, dry hair when you sleep on it (even with nothing covering your head)? you get knots. So realistically, you don't need anything at all to keep your dreads in good shape. Sure, the first few months is full of loose hair and some dreads becoming completely straight again, but that's just nature's way of doing her thing and taking control of the process. Don't fight it, you won't win. If you felt like learning to crochet, you could even try making tams if you'd like to be able to cover the mess from time to time.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form