Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What dreading methods did you use?

Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
The title pretty much sums up what this thread is about lol. What method did you use to grow your dreads and are you satisfied with the results so far? Also, if possible, what would you have done differently to help the process go a lot smoother?
updated by @knotty-john: 03/02/19 11:58:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural all the waycould not be happierhow could it go smoother then natural?maybe i would have spent more time in the woods just cause i like spending time in the woods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
btw i retitled it just to make it easier to find cause i think its a good thread (added tags too which u should do for all threads)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
knottymuffin
@knottymuffin
14 years ago
12 posts
I crochetted them my self.(I have never done it before. So they weren't super tight like a salon person would do em. Because...im not a salon person xD) And then a couple days later, I found this site. I don't regret crocheting them because I only did em that one day. I've let them do what they want since. Besides washing, switching beads from dread to dread every now and then. And riping congos from forming. I have don't NOTHING to em. And they look great. I can't complain at all. Im loving them.But if I could go back. I would start my journey off the natural way. Instead of crocheting.
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
i dackcombed mine, since then i've done nothing to them apart from getting them to sorta lay flat when i go to work.i think if i was to do it again i'd just let it go naturally and let my hair do what it wants, but after a month of having mine i havnt come accross anything bad happening to my dreads, just the usual kinks and loops happening.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Natural...I've done both tnr and backcombing with other sets, natural is just what worked for me.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
1. Twist and rip2. Yes, I am happy3. I don't think there is anything that I could have done to make it any smoother.
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
Lol I would totally spend all my time in the woods if it wasn't for school

soaringeagle said:
natural all the way could not be happierhow could it go smoother then natural?maybe i would have spent more time in the woods just cause i like spending time in the woods
Knotty John
@knotty-john
14 years ago
78 posts
That's cool

soaringeagle said:
btw i retitled it just to make it easier to find cause i think its a good thread (added tags too which u should do for all threads)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
backcombed/waxed because I didn't think there was any other method, they looked very funny looking and looked progressively worse through out the next 4months, actually even at 7ish months they still looked bad, I stuck with it all, joined this site around it's creation when I was at 6ish months (I think)once I gave them enough time, w/o putting crap in it they looked alot better, did a little bit of crocheting mostly as a learning experience, but did little that left any aesthetic impact except blunting one.now that I've had them for so long I can't imagine going back, they've changed so much from the mess they used to be. patience is truly a virtue.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form