Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
The baking soda wash doesn't require much prep. All the herbs and oils are totally optional. Just baking soda and water will do the trick. I do this 2-3 times a week.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda cleans better then any soaplush would be ok but sls is linkled to cancer and is in so much studff its bvest to avoid it all u canthe more sls in your life the higher the cancer risk

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes exactly and theres other variations that isd avouid as well sodium laurel sulphate is 1 anything ending in sulphate or sulphide id acvoid and i think theyre extracts of saponified cocaunut oil so thats kindas a way of hiding the fact that its got sls (i think i could be wring) Lauren Larsen said:
oh wait it must be this ingredient: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I understand now! :P

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it can idf u dint use the acv rinse (apple cider vinager) 1/3 cup about to a gallon no scrub let soalk awwhile 10 min otr so Lauren Larsen said:
Idk what SLS is!! haha! does the baking soda make dreadlocks dry? I am willing to try that. what is the water to baking soda ratio?

soaringeagle said:
baking soda cleans better then any soap

lush would be ok but sls is linkled to cancer and is in so much studff its bvest to avoid it all u can
the more sls in your life the higher the cancer risk

--
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
squeaky green uses cocoa-laurel sulfate or some-such instead. It's your best bet if your avoiding that stuff and still want to use lush. On the plus side they use less of it then many other brands, and if you do things like smoke cigarettes then chances are those will kill you before SLS anyway :)
Sergio Escalera
@sergio-escalera
14 years ago
21 posts
actually they stopped using "SLS" on Karma Komba =D Lex said:
squeaky green uses cocoa-laurel sulfate or some-such instead. It's your best bet if your avoiding that stuff and still want to use lush. On the plus side they use less of it then many other brands, and if you do things like smoke cigarettes then chances are those will kill you before SLS anyway :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cancer can take years to develop and sls is in way too many things so its hard to avoid completely all u can hope to do is limit exposure by trying to find as many sls free products as can be Lisa McRae said:
until about 2 months ago I used Lush shampoo and found no bad side effects, SLS can't be that bad.

--
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
If you'd like a shampoo bar made specifically for dreads ( and that comes in just about any scent you can think of, including a few dupes of lush scents ) then just look up Maylee's Garden soaps on this site or on etsy.com. They all smell great, are just moisturizing enough, leave no residue and help with a myriad of scalp issues. Plus, Libby ( the woman who makes them ) is such a sweet woman, who is a member of this forum, and is kind enough to whip up a batch in just about any scent you could want (added bonus, most if not all of the scents are made from essential oils so they don't go rancid in your hair quite as quickly as a perfume does). Plus, they aren't anywhere near as expensive as lush products, and last just as long with proper care.As far as saving time goes though, in the long run the baking SODA and acv washes are the biggest time savers.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Just wanted to touch base on affordability here.I spent 5 dollars on a huge box of baking soda and 8 dollars on a vile of peppermint essential oil and I am almost done month three.So 13 divided by 3 = 4 dollars a month for hair wash for the entire family as well as household cleaner.Now I could not buy the bars of soap for that price let alone the other house hold cleaners for the month for 4 dollars, no way.It's cheap because a little goes a long way.If 4 dollars a month is to much you could just use the baking soda without any oils and you'd be looking at about 1.60 per month IF you used the whole box by then.If its just for your hair I think it would last at least double the amount of time costing you a whopping 83 cents per month.
Jemma
@jemma
14 years ago
24 posts
I use the squeaky green shampoo and have done for nearly 9 months now, I can highly recommend it, hair comes out smelling a nice fresh scent, and if you were worried about having any residue left over, provided you don't mind rinsing bits of rosemary out of your scalp I'd highly recommend it! :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form