Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what exacly is the baking soda cleaning method?

matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
i have read about the baking soda cleaning method, and i have to say it sounds like it would smell horrible. but people said add oils.what exacly are these oils and how do i add them to the the baking soda water.and where can i buy these oils.and is this method better than using a non-resadue shampoo?oh and people said that salt water is good for dreads,but i don't live by and ocean.so what can i do to substatute that?
updated by @matt2: 01/13/15 08:32:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the baking soda does not smell bad at all without oils ive been out of oils for a month the oils make it smell wonderful but are mostly medicinal (dandruff itchy scalp etc)mix 1/3-2/4 cup in a gallon (less for short hair u wont need a gallon like i do)optional oils10 drops teatree (per gallon)\30 drops rosemary30 lavanderteatree prevents bugs treats fandrufrosemary excellent for dandruff (may help hair growth)lavander prevents mold smells greatpour over head let soak (no scrubbing needed) 10 minutesmix a lilttle vinagar in water add oils if u wahnjtpour on over the baking soda it nutralizes it and makes hair soft (u can skip the vinagar till dreadded unless u get too dry)\rinse Wellif there is any vinagar scent left it fades fastit cleans way better then any soap in fact if u used just shampoos for years 1st time using baking soda the rinse water can be black it removes that much more dirtdissolves scalp crud toosea water is sea salt and water buy sea salt add to water u got sea water (but cleaner no fish smell no pollutants etc)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
if you dont use the vingire it itches bad i didnt use it at first cuz i thought it sounded funny and would smell bad. its actually amazing and it really donst smell for long. i was really suprised but it makes them so soft its absolutely amazing
Summer Fralick
@summer-fralick
13 years ago
2 posts

Thank you soaring Eagle for clearing that up for us/me :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form