Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to make mature dreads extremely soft and cuddly

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
to make your dreads extra soft so they feel amazing start with the baking soda wash (3/4 cup baking soda to a gallon water just pour over head let soak awhile 10 or more min, while its soaking mix some vinager (apple cider or white, if i use white i use more , 1/3 cup if apple cider i only use a splash) in a gallon of water, add to this a teaspoon or so (less of short hair more if very long) of olive oil, or 1/3cup of cocoa butter (ive used olive oil lateky and loved it) pour over hair without rinsing the baking soda 1st..wait a min or 3 (the vinagar reacts with baking soda causing a warming sensation)
rinse very very well

the oiltreatment doesnt need to be done too often\
your hair will feel extremely soft after..solky..lighht and just amazing..lil fuzzier then usual but that'll settle down in a day or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:32:10PM
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
awesome thanks SE ill try this someday :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cool u dont need alot but sure feels amazing

--
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Aww..thank you for sharing this :) I will try it :)
Dinis COsta
@dinis-costa
14 years ago
1 posts
thanks for the sharing, just one more thing, how can i have more thikness in my dreads and increase the size quicly? ^^
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its really helped my scalp alot tooo

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Even if you are just using baking soda it feels great. I usually use normal shampoo so occasionally I'll use baking soda to get rid of all the residues stuck in my dreads and on my scalp.
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
Having used the baking soda for the first time last week, I have'nt really noticed any difference in the cleanliness of my dreads..although I did put some Dr Bronners in too. Some of my thicker dreads felt kinda greasy at the base and took alot longer to dry than usual, so I think I'll stay away from anything oily in future, especially on a regular basis, so that rules out the Dr Bronners for a start.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes u make the baking soda solution soak in that 10 min or longerthen mix up the vinagar and oils etc pour that on over the baking soda it causes a chemical reaction foaming causing a warmth vinagar counteracts the strong base of baking sida restoring a more nutral ph ballancebaking sodas string it even kinda dissulves built up scalp gunk, while vinagar cuts through greeasy buildupjust a touchu of olive ouil really conditions hair and scalpafter a few mi9nutes ribnse out well it rinses easy but i still do it extra thouroughly rinsing for several minutes at least

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form