Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

It's been almost a month. Mayhem on my head. What are they doing??

Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Hey guys! I know you'll have heard all this loads of times before, but I am seriously worried about my dreds. They are doing crazy things. They've come completely undone at the roots, although some of them are quite tight, and generally they're looking less and less like dreds at all.
Got some pictures for ya:

Everyone keeps telling me to go at them with a crochet needle, but I didn't really want to do that as it's kinda unnatural, and I wanted to do this the natural way, however I'm starting to think these will never turn into dreds!!!

Halp!

updated by @pam-pomelo: 08/20/21 12:13:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how were they started and dreads do crazy things thats the nature of dreading they are doing excactly what they should be doing...love the process and tell the people suggesting crochet to fuck off tell em crochets an idiotiic idea and you want dreads not woven fake lil ropesdreads dread they dont get made they become..they grow..they happen..just like you see em happening on your head..born of chaos and mahem.. nature is discord its untamesd and wild but has ballance and order you are becominmg 1 with nature finding your ballance within mayhem.. allow the ballance to settle inballance is dynamic it fluctuates like a pendulum slowly winding down to equilibrium it will swing through extremes before it begins to settle into ballanceenjoy the ride..dont worry raise your hands above your head and scream out weeeeeeee your on the ride of a lifetime..like a rollercoaster you worry comming over that 1st big hill but then the excitement takes over your heart races and u learn to love the twists and turns your taken on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and forgot to say...they look awesome on u

--
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
They were started with twist n rip, and so far I've just been neglecting them, washing them now and then.Yeah, that's what I was thinking... just let nature take it's course, I was just scared they'll unravel completely and never be dreds. They're just so weird at the moment, I don't really care, but people are telling me to get help
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Love your locks Hon! breeze said:
They look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Mine are doing the same thing as yours. I have a few that are starting to look and feel like twisted rope. Aside from separating, to prevent congos, and washing leave them alone as you have been.
dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts
they do look great dont worry! love the color too!
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
for 1 month they look just about right!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
o bet all ppl with waxy heads that wont last 3 yearsafter 20 years i get newbies telling me i should wax i should crochet etc..its always the clueless who are most vocal bout telling u what u should doyour doing fine and thats all u need to know Ava Maria Gaida said:
They were started with twist n rip, and so far I've just been neglecting them, washing them now and then.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... just let nature take it's course, I was just scared they'll unravel completely and never be dreds. They're just so weird at the moment, I don't really care, but people are telling me to get help

--
sambo
@sambo
13 years ago
37 posts
FUCK YEAH!!!!!! spot on mate, spot ON!

soaring eagle said:
how were they started and dreads do crazy things thats the nature of dreading they are doing excactly what they should be doing...love the process and tell the people suggesting crochet to fuck off tell em crochets an idiotiic idea and you want dreads not woven fake lil ropes dreads dread they dont get made they become..they grow..they happen..just like you see em happening on your head..born of chaos and mahem.. nature is discord its untamesd and wild but has ballance and order you are becominmg 1 with nature finding your ballance within mayhem.. allow the ballance to settle inballance is dynamic it fluctuates like a pendulum slowly winding down to equilibrium it will swing through extremes before it begins to settle into ballanceenjoy the ride..dont worry raise your hands above your head and scream out weeeeeeee your on the ride of a lifetime..like a rollercoaster you worry comming over that 1st big hill but then the excitement takes over your heart races and u learn to love the twists and turns your taken on

updated by @sambo: 07/23/15 03:57:05PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form