Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with Beads????

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I keep seeing beads being recommended everywhere on these forums for fixing all kinds of dread issues and for helpingthem form. Where do you get cool dread beads??? Are there some internet sites that people here are familiar with? I have nowhere in this town to get dread beads. They just don't exist here. The only beads I have seen are these great big huge things with big holes that would just fall of my pre-dreads!!! We do have an awesome bead shop in town, but I have been in there and all the beads are made with little tiny wire holes. Any suggestions from anyone?????
updated by @midread: 08/20/21 01:54:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
click our shops, teres peyote stitches for sale in there theres also some beads in te barter section i thinku can make beads or anything wit a ole that fits will work as long as terews no sarp edges to tangle in airs (rings work unless tey ave stones set in em and the setting is the type wit lil metal peices gripping it tey can tangle too easy)some pppl use bone peices cunks of wood wit a hole drilled in it stone or metal rings glass beads even chillumsfemo beads are easy to make too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
The problem that I have (and I am sure other people just dreading have this problem too) is that the hair is "squishy????" There is no real consistency to the sections yet, so everything just kind of slides off. I either need something adjustable or with a smaller diameter. I will check the shops on here too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a smaller diameter forced on till it sticks will work great

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
sometimes you can get creative, in particular I never had any till about 7-8ish months into it, but then my favorite necklace broke, and I realized the pieces of it fit into some of my smaller locks, so I put every piece into my locks and saw which ones fit, most fell out, but still wear at least 1 or two in mine,I remember a friend crushing a beercap on his, not saying you should to lol but the point is if you look around you might find something perfect,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
go to a junk yard, find a car with a beaded massage seat cover

cut it apart and u got 10000 beads

--
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Ha! Ha! Ha! I can just IMAGINE the looks at home from the kiddos and hubs if I ran around with crushed beer caps in my hair!! I actually had to laugh out loud at that one!!! My conservative family would have me committed!!! Hee! Hee! (Although, come to think of it, it might work if I ever wanted to sport a "party-girl" image for one of our summer parties... hhhmmmm....) Iain said:
sometimes you can get creative, in particular I never had any till about 7-8ish months into it, but then my favorite necklace broke, and I realized the pieces of it fit into some of my smaller locks, so I put every piece into my locks and saw which ones fit, most fell out, but still wear at least 1 or two in mine,
I remember a friend crushing a beercap on his, not saying you should to lol but the point is if you look around you might find something perfect,
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
alotta gutter punk types put bolts in em.. i mean nuts not bolts..lol but not nuts u eat nuts tat go with bolts

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lolat both of above^hmm the car seat cover would be a gold mine!
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i found some wooden beads at michaels, the holes were a little too small but i got a bead reamer and made em bigger. i also found a shell on the beach shaped like a bead that works perfectly :)at the mall of america there was a cool bead shop that had one bead in the whole store that was perfect for dreads lol so i got it.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form