Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

arrr american rainbow rapid response is headed to haiti! (must read)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
arrr american rainbow rapid response is a disaster recovery project born out of the american rainbow gatherings. After hurricane katrina devestated the gulf coast our own dirty momma funk mobilized dozens to waveland missihippie to start the waveland cafe

as waveland cafe grew and became organized they formed the group known as american rainbow rapid response (also known as rema (fema failed rema took over) rainbow emergency management assembly)
this group had experience feeding thousands under primitive conditions at the national rainbow gatherings
rainbow spirit

having that experience and the willingness to care and do whats needed to provide for the needs of large groups of people it was an eassy transition from a kitchen in a forrest to one in a disaster area
since katrina they have done the same at floods, brush fires and again in the gulph after another huricane.

now american rainbow rapid response is headed to haiti!

volunteers who have registered at http://www.deezlee.com/arrr/ will need shots and passports

this is huge folks, we are now ready to handle any disaster worldwide.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:31:31PM
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
You can voulinteer, but there's so much involved. Certain inocculations need to be started a month or better in advance and a lot are required. Disease will be rampant over there, you'll be responsible for your own transportation. Any personal meds need to be taken so as not to delete from already limited supplies as you'll become part of the problem. I've already checked into going and there's a LOT involved. Do your homework before voulinteering.My Prayers to all ARRR for your safety and your effort.....Blessings to all
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its true it will be the most trrying and difficult disaster yetand you will need to take extra precautions.folks can still volunteer for general state side effortsand especialy can donate donate donate

--
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Yes, Green Energy is Always a Big Help, please consider it if you can soaringeagle said:
its true it will be the most trrying and difficult disaster yet
and you will need to take extra precautions.
folks can still volunteer for general state side efforts

and especialy can donate donate donate
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://deezlee.com/arrr/wp-register.php teres also a materials wish list herebut maybe out of datecontact atARRR ContactsNovember 22nd, 2006 About Us /ContactsARRR Main Email:r.proxy@hotmail.comHome Office Mailing Address:American Rainbow Rapid Response P.O. Box 1648, Asheville, NC 28802Phone:(800)-335-9941Project Coordinator:Aaron.funk@live.comadminfor further info

--
Dirty Momma Funk
@dirty-momma-funk
14 years ago
11 posts
I think you may be giving me too much credit. It was a group effort. Arjay and Aaron were the first to be in Waveland. I was driving supplies into Gulfport when Arjay called and said he was coming. So I may be the first Rainbow to show up to Mississippi, but I was not the first to hit Waveland. The place was starting up when I got there........Actually it went something like this........I showed up and asked Arjay "What's the one job no body wants to do?" He said "The dishes!" Therefore, I did dishes for the next 6 weeks. It was a BLAST!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
swtill you got the trucks donated and were 1 of the 1st to head on downi know all things rainbow are a group effort so yea saying you started it is probly false and it wass the collective group all comming togetherbut still you desserve some recognition for all youcve donemuch love and respect

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
posted bulitens on myspace

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know most cant go to haiti, some of my friends are howeverifg you cant volunteer conciderrt donating trough paypal, or donate materials directly

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form