Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr Bronner's Feedback

Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey there I was hoping to get some additional feedback from our members about the Dr Bronner's soap line, since it seems like alot of us have used/ or continue to use it,
if you can, put what type you use and also if you add anything to it.
and the good/bad details,
also state how long you've been using it.
hard/soft water.

Personally I just used the peppermint with added tea tree drops diluted like recommend elsewhere, coming from the DHHQ soap, it worked alot better for me, and lathers easily, as far as saying their soap locks your hair faster, I never noticed any of that, but there's no way to prove if it does or doesn't. but Dr Bronners tends to leave my hair a rougher dry feeling for me at least.
I also live in Florida, which may affect the hard/soft water issue.

Now the reason (and the rest of this post has nothing to do with the above) is because I met a lady who had locks for she said 6years down her back, and she said she used it once and it "Caused her locks to unravel!" which I had a hard time believing, she then went on to insult me for using it stating that only people with nasty locks use that and her dreadhead soap was better,

now liking that soap better is fine, it's a good soap, the rest of her opinion seemed like bull to me though.

updated by @iain: 02/14/15 06:12:52AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i ordered my dreadheadhq shampoo today. will give you full reportings in 3 daysciao
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lol, it's a good soap, never had any complaints about it other than the lathering issue, I just didn't like ordering it, and this was much more accessible, and i get 25% off,
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
how come u get discount? (ps i dont like bronners)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i use the teatree and sometimes add rosemaryused it for years but now use bakin soda more often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i go the gym and sweat every dayshould i wash my hair every day or just let them get wet?and is sweat good for locks? soaringeagle said:
i use the teatree and sometimes add rosemary
used it for years but now use bakin soda more often
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I work at a store that sells it, :Pand well can you explain why you didn't like it? I just want more opinions on why rather than some lady yelling at my face lol
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
it left an oily residue. many dreadheads have told me that its not residue free. and i felt this oily gunk in my hair no matter how much i diluted and rinsed it. but then soaringeagle told me that it may have been the softness vs hardness of the water.it also conditioned my hair wayyyy too much Iain said:
I work at a store that sells it, :P
and well can you explain why you didn't like it? I just want more opinions on why rather than some lady yelling at my face lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can was dailoy if it dries enough but u souldnt hace tio and id bet sweats good for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
We have hard water here in my neck of the woods, I use Dr. B's Tea Tree Oil diluted about 15/1 and it works great. Never added nothin to it as it seems to work fine just like it is.I do use the Baking Soda/ACV more often though, they both work great but I think Baking Soda is prolly more Earth Friendly and that's important to me
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form