Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Doomsayers all around me

70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
8 years ago
17 posts

so i started my freeform dreads, but everyone around me says that all my hair will start being infected at the root, so ill have to cut in a few months, and i just wanna know if there's any merit to this statement, and if it will really happen if i dont do a specific thiing

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well i'm not sure what they mean by infected at the root.. that's false 100% if you keep them clean

connected at the root, well "freeform" is often misused to also include organic

freeform can all connect at the roots, creating huge dreads

this can, if huge enough make cleaning hard, pull uncomfortably, and yes because you cant get to the roots of a 3 or 4 inch thick dread might cause infections of the scalp

organic dread are natural very much like freeform with the exception of being separated to  prevent the dreads from being connected at the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
70b4r 7h3 1337m31573r
@tobar
8 years ago
17 posts

i do seperate down to the root

they asked a hairdresser and she said that ill have to like twist my hair everytime i went out of the shower, and the moment i heard that i was already suspicious, because its the classic "its not possible with ur kind of hair" line in disguise.

otherwise my hair would like knot at the root and then ill be unable to clean it and ill have to cut my hair because shit will start to "fester". (thats why i used the term doomsayer :D)

i think they formulated their question in such a way that she thought i would only not comb my hair and not seperate it, adn not wash it right and stuff, so now they are so convinced ill like die because i didnt let my hair done XD

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

lies why would they ask a hairdresser that?

if you did that..youd be bald in 6 months

you can tell these doomsayers that in 25 years i never once did anything but wash and have never had any issues

--
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
8 years ago
17 posts

Do not trust them that is completely false. I have completely 100% free form locks started from bald head. Just clean them with a shampoo that works for you and separate. Also condition them as well but only when needed. I would recommend tea tree oil extract and never use any product that is not water based to avoid build up and NO WAXES EVER! Personally I avoided all products except shampoo of course but be sure to make sure it is soluble before it goes in your head. Ignore the salon advise 9 out of 10 people do not know how to properly do dreads let alone free form. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

when it comes to salons and hairdressers (including those that specialize in dreads) its 999 out of 1000 that don't know the 1st thing about how to do it properly

--
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
8 years ago
17 posts

I have only found 1 so far who can properly do salon dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it literally is 1 in a thousand that has any ethics about it at all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form