Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does strong Wind help or hinder locking?

PanamaR3D
@panamar3d
8 years ago
13 posts

Does the wind from riding in a car with the windows down help locks due to the movement, or hurt them due to pulling hairs out?  Windows up or down? 

RayneMama
@raynemama
8 years ago
44 posts

I don't know for sure, but I LOVE drying my dreads by driving with the windows down

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

depends windows down probably helps ..top down with more extreme direct wind probably hurts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
i-and-i
@i-and-i
8 years ago
35 posts

I did a little experiment with this one day that might answer this question. 

I had just taken a shower and was late for class, so I was driving to school with my hair dripping wet and decided to stick my head out the window, thinking it would help my hair knot and lock up more since I was still only a couple month into free forming. 

It more undid a lot of the progress I had then helped. I mean, I don't know what I really expected stuck in my head out the window at 55 miles per hour...I showed up to class lookin like I just survived a tornado and with the biggest cheesing smile on my face because of how amusing I found the whole experience xD

now, If I crack both the front driver window and the rear passenger window (no more then 1/2 of the way open) it seems to act as a natural blow dryer and seems to help a tiny bit with blowing little hairs away from my face, but I can't say it did anything overly noticeable to help them dread faster. 

But, also didn't hurt! As long as my head wasn't out the window like a dog in August. Like I said, about the same effect as if you blow dried only from the top side. 

Peace and love!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly what i was trying to say haha

a light breeze helps.. a strong blast ..hurts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus