Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ITCHY ITCHY ITCHY!!!

TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
Alright guys.. so I'm a little less than a month in and for the last week or so, my head has been itchin like crazy... It's just the crown of my head, not the whole thing, but it's about to drive me nuts. I saw a thing at the store the other day that was like anti-itch stuff for dreads/braids in the section with the colored people's hair products.. Is that stuff safe to use or would it just cause a mess in the long run? If this stuff is a bad idea, what should I do to tame the itch??
updated by @tammikins: 02/14/15 09:43:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its ok to use probly peopermint and oter oils but just was with te baking soda wit treatre and roisenm,ary shoulkd do it if u follow wit vinagar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i use peppermint bronners and it doesnt make my scalp itchy at all
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pepermi9nt masks itces with tingles doesnt really get rid of itces just "cools" tem without treatting te causeteatreee (lil too muc makes oit worse) and rosemary control the cause of itcesteatree also prevents infestation of livce whic itc unbelievebly bad so teatree and rosemary are way more benificial ten pepermint labmofgod said:
i use peppermint bronners and it doesnt make my scalp itchy at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Try adding a few drops of Tea Tree oil to a baking soda wash followed by a splash of apple cider vinegar in a couple cups of water as a rinse, worked for me, hope it'll work for you. Keep us posted
j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts
how often are you washing?most say not to wash more than twice a week..but it seems that i have to wash at least every other day...receantly ive been adding rosemary to my backing soda wash..damn it feels good...:)
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
get ur hair wet every day?
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Tea Tree defintely helps,everyone is different, but I add Tea Tree to peppermint dr bronners, I love the cooling feeling, but tea tree has too many benefits to not have it included in my soap, least in my preference,the stuff you have, well can't say for sure, but i know the feeling so if you wanna try might as well, b/c and itchy scalp can drive you violently insane lol,I was using the dreadhead soap for awhile in the beginning, an while it was nice an didn't have problems with it, it didn't lather as well as I'd like it to, and had worse dandruff buildup,of course this was just in my case.
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
3-4 times a week.. I can't go more than a day or two without.. I don't think the itch is from being dirty.. I think it's partly from not having put any kind of moisturizer or conditioner on my scalp in over three weeks, I just don't know whats ok to put on my scalp now that I'm locking.. I don't want to end up with residue or buildup or anything nasty in my locks.. I want them to be healthy and have them for a long long time.. j.boy said:
how often are you washing?

most say not to wash more than twice a week..
but it seems that i have to wash at least every other day...receantly ive been adding rosemary to my backing soda wash..damn it feels good...:)
TaMMiKiNS
@tammikins
14 years ago
22 posts
I think I'm gonna have to give the tea tree oil a try.. Something.. cause this shit is driving me nuts.. just staying clean is definitely not enough on it's own.. Thanks everyone, for your replies.. I really appreciate all the help and support I've gotten in the short time I've been around this forum...Peace out, and I hope everyone has a grateful day!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form