Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Super happy with my progress since the shampoo change

AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

I just bought my first "natural" shampoo a couple days ago and the difference is huge. I was just using a generic comercial shampoo before. I doubt the shampoo I'm using now is perfect either, but for now I'm completely satisfied, I'll see if anything changes in next weeks and months tho. The only thing I'm still kinda afraid is the residue possibility because I'm pretty sure water in my area is really hard (limescale on pipes etc.). The shampoo I'm using now doesn't say residue free, it just says without silicons, natural ingredients and a bit of sea salt etc. I live in Europe and I'm using a shampoo from a company named DM, which is a big EU drugstore company. Those shampoos are pretty cheap, they are from their "natural" line tho. Yeah I know I don't trust big companies with their propaganda either, but this shampoo really had the least ingredients listed on the back and all of them seems pretty natural indeed.

The thing that bothers me the most atm is drying, my baby dreads already need several hours to dry completely, yesterday I went to sleep with wet hair (I just put a dry blanket on my pillow). I slept with all my windows opened cause of hot weather, but during the night it got pretty cold and I catched a cold in the morning. I'm also a bit worried about mold formation if I continue going to sleep with wet hair. But sometimes I just lack the time to completely airdry my hair.

Shampoo ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Maris Sal, Betaine, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Powder, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Alcohol, Sodium Phytate, Parfum, Limonene, Linalool, Citral.

IMG_1248.JPG.jpg
IMG_1248.JPG.jpg  •  59KB

IMG_1263.JPG.jpg
IMG_1263.JPG.jpg  •  79KB

IMG_1267.JPG.jpg
IMG_1267.JPG.jpg  •  48KB

IMG_1273.JPG.jpg
IMG_1273.JPG.jpg  •  57KB

IMG_1274.JPG.jpg
IMG_1274.JPG.jpg  •  31KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it still has sulphates wich should be avoided

why don't you blow dry instead of going to sleep with wet hair

wash it as early as you can too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

it still has sulphates wich should be avoided

why don't you blow dry instead of going to sleep with wet hair

wash it as early as you can too

Yeah as I said I already thought it can't exactly be perfect. I was already thinking bout ordering your dreadlock shampoos cause I do believe they're superior, but shipping costs could be a bit much for me to handle. Perhaps I do order some in near future.

As far as blow drying goes, I did not want to do it cause I thought it's bad for hair, but if you're telling me otherwise, I might start blow drying again. But yeah you're definitely right on washing as early before going to bed as possible cause I also like to just air dry my hair the most.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

blow drying can cause heat damage..if you use high heart without moving it around enough

so either use a lower heat, or as i do i blow in short quick bursts while moving it around quickly

i'll blow for a few  minutes and wait awhile between each time i use it

so theres no prolonged excessive heat

--
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

blow drying can cause heat damage..if you use high heart without moving it around enough

so either use a lower heat, or as i do i blow in short quick bursts while moving it around quickly

i'll blow for a few  minutes and wait awhile between each time i use it

so theres no prolonged excessive heat

Yeah thought about same stuff myself, I'll just put it on lowest heat setting and circle around my head as quickly as possible. But if I'm not in a hurry, I'll still just air dry instead.

Thanks!

AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

Ok another question: Is there any possible way to avoid large areas of undreaded hair on top of the head near the roots? I suppose nearly everyone who's been dreading naturally is encountering this "issue"? Not that I be loosing sleep over it, I'm just asking. I'm washing my head under @SoaringEagle's reccomendation to only focus on the scalp with fingertips. My dreads are generally forming pretty nice on lower sections, but near the scalp my hair is mostly undreaded atm.

And another thing: I decided to pay more for shipping than products itselves, but still I made that decision and wanted to order a couple of your shampoos and sea salt sprays. Just to find out to be impossible, it doesn't let me through on checkout, Paypal doesn't detect a country switch, I've checked it multiple times but it still just remains on US, as a result billing adresses don't match and I'm unable to order anything from your site. I've also sent an email with a built-in website option. I doubt any international costumers are able to order anything in current state, I never had any of those issues before and I've been ordering plenty stuff from US in the past. So just letting you know so you can fix those problems as soon as possible!

I want to spend money but currently I'm unable to. :S :)

updated by @alienemotion: 08/14/16 12:15:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its normally only 1 in every 1000 addresses that paypal doesn't have in a database or something that causes it

the site has an "send additional data to paypal' option that if its shut off is supposed top fix that..but it doesnt

the issues with paypal, and only affects certain addresses

some in usa as well

theres ..what 4 or 5 billion addresses in the world?

most people who encountered that used a neighbors address and it worked

if not simply message her and she will create a paypal invopice instead which bypasses the sites integration to pypal

--
AlienEmotion
@alienemotion
8 years ago
36 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

its normally only 1 in every 1000 addresses that paypal doesn't have in a database or something that causes it

the site has an "send additional data to paypal' option that if its shut off is supposed top fix that..but it doesnt

the issues with paypal, and only affects certain addresses

some in usa as well

theres ..what 4 or 5 billion addresses in the world?

most people who encountered that used a neighbors address and it worked

if not simply message her and she will create a paypal invopice instead which bypasses the sites integration to pypal

Ok thanks I've messaged her yesterday, I believe this will get resolved soon :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form