Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREAD ROT FEARS

kkarahk
@kkarahk
8 years ago
2 posts

I haven't had my dreads for long but I do notice a smell when they are wet. They don't smell when they are dry but i cut the end off one and pulled it apart (just after washing) and found this. Notice the white weird stuff on some of it? I hope it's just dandruff.... thoughts? advice? I really don't want to cut them off or anything but I think it's the start of dread rot :/ :/ :/

IMG_2536.jpg
IMG_2536.jpg  •  3.9MB

updated by @kkarahk: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

to make it easier to see

this could be lint, dust, dandruff etc

mold  can smell only when damp if its not bad once its bad it can smell when dry too

you do not have to cut if it is mold! www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes a product called rot knot that's amazing  its ofcourse all natural and organic

it was tested on tough bathroom grout mold that always came back after even the most toxic  mold killers but this stuff  kept it from coming back

it smells yummy..like cloves  you get your dreads soaking wet then saturate em with this stuff squeezing it in deep wait at least 10 minutes then rinse (i have used an entire bottle at once and it all rinsed out with ease!)

white stuffs most often lint..but smells are a concern

wax was never used even once i hope right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

to make it easier to see

this could be lint, dust, dandruff etc

mold  can smell only when damp if its not bad once its bad it can smell when dry too

you do not have to cut if it is mold! www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes a product called rot knot that's amazing  its ofcourse all natural and organic

it was tested on tough bathroom grout mold that always came back after even the most toxic  mold killers but this stuff  kept it from coming back

it smells yummy..like cloves  you get your dreads soaking wet then saturate em with this stuff squeezing it in deep wait at least 10 minutes then rinse (i have used an entire bottle at once and it all rinsed out with ease!)

white stuffs most often lint..but smells are a concern

wax was never used even once i hope right?

--
kkarahk
@kkarahk
8 years ago
2 posts

No i've never bought/touched wax. Never crocheted them either. Is that stuff expensive? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

not really same price as the shampoo

but you rarely have to use it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form