Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about frizzy hairs

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Ok so i was just curious when u have a section of hair lets say its a 1/2" section for example, then u have frizzy hair from 2-3inches away trying to tangle in how long can u go without ripping/pulling that away from the section.. 

Me and the wife are having a debate i personally ask her to do it every time i see it she tells me to stop or ill never have dreads.. 

updated by @acidburn: 04/20/16 08:31:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

over separating can prevent dreads if its from several inches away it can present an issue only if its a lot of them  once they are dreading and you separate and have a few dozen hairs from far away they will just pop free

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

so just curious how often would my hair even need separation? like once a month? every 2? cause i have sections and the separation i have been doing is usually every 2 weeks pulling the fuzzies away from the sectioned hair.. now i feel i may have been doing it all wrong..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@dreadlocks-forums
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it depends the faster it dreads the more you have to separate

yours isn't dreading fast

when they are dreads separate em

--
erik5166
@erik5166
8 years ago
30 posts

it seems to me that the hair gets frizzy when I separate it, probably because I have freed it from where it was tangling, and now it's loose, and has to re-tangle in a new way. i was wondering if it's good to wet the fingers and roll up the ends of those new frizzy sections? it kinda forms points on the ends of those new little strands, and looks kinda cool. it's mainly an attempt to alleviate the frizz that i've created when trying to end up with thin dreads

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Hmm ok weird.. So basically when my hair is in a visible knot/dread then i start separating.. I don't understand how the hair is just going to pop free though. I had the same theory with my wifes hair that the hair would just snap when separating but it just slides down her dreads and forms at the bottom.. now she still has those hairs zig zaging through everyone of her dreads and unless i put my finger under it and break it free it stays there.. she doesn't let me break them free however and in my head that's going to cause congos or only break free when it sheds..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

do it while wet and they just break free some slide to the scalp but that don't matter till they are connecting up the dreads more

--
erik5166
@erik5166
8 years ago
30 posts

sorry guys, i'm not sure why my previous post kept coming out dark.

anyway, i've been thinking about frizzy hairs lately, i seem to get lots of them when i separate/tear sections apart. i guess that goes with the territory of separating? any strategies to deal with that tho, like maybe separating before washing, or wetting the fingers with water and twisting? 

(hope ya didn't mind me posting here, rather than starting another thread)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it comes from separating and it will dread as soon as its long enough that's all there isto it

as for the post either you copy/pasted or clicked the text color button

--
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

ok so i think we may all have a different definition of "frizz" so i attached a picture. the red highlight is "the frizz" and the gold swirl is what it was doing before i seperated it.. it was swirling around a premade dread. i dont mean broken hairs or new growth.

updated by @acidburn: 04/22/16 12:22:23PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form