Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Cut Before Dreadlocks?

Daveydoh
@david-is-goliath
8 years ago
11 posts

First, I apologize if this question, has been asked...but I have been looking all over and haven't found anything on yet.

I had a hair cut about last month or so, and what I usually get is a number 2 on the top and 1 on the sides with a fade, and then I had a little bit of number 1 on my head again just to even it out and make it a little shorter on top. Throughout the month I would occassionally shave my widows peak, which is small.

If I start to grow my hair out for dreadlocks, will this make my hair grow unevenly? I am going the natural way with dreadlocks, but I don't want more hair on the top of my head than on the sides. Should I shave my head all with maybe say number 1 just to even it out?

I have very thick afro textured hair.

Your help advice is appreciated, and again I apologize if this has been asked already.

Thank you!

--
"You have power over your mind- not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

updated by @david-is-goliath: 11/23/16 03:21:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it wont matter and the longer the haqir is the faster it dreads.. and if  the hairs uneven it will somewhat even oput  if its even they will become uneven som,e will be longer others shorter

i have not had a haircut in 26 years and even before that never at a salon so i have no idea what a 1 and 2 is but i imagine the diferences in lengths are what less then 1/4 inch?

when they are 6 inches long do you think that will matter/

the longer it is to start the better so a cuts only going to set you back in progress making it take longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daveydoh
@david-is-goliath
8 years ago
11 posts

Thank you for your quick response! That's true and I agree with you. I just get paranoid over the smallest things.

With your advice, I am comfortable enough to just let it grow!

--
"You have power over your mind- not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

mine was over 4 inches diference between top and back and made no diference at all except the longer parts dreaded faster...by months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kira.smart
@kirasmart
6 years ago
3 posts

looks great

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form