Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlockssite maybe getting a new server with your help

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

for a long time i have spent way more then i can afford on server fees, but for what i spend in 3 months, we can have our own  server free and clear

i know how much this site means to everyone and how much you value honest info

i have been spending 3/4 of my income over the past year-2 (since couple months after site upgrade, the cost went up dramaticly over 1st few months as i realized what a site this large would require)

i need to be helping my family more with what im spending on the server right now, so i really need to reduce what im spending on the site and trying to live off 200 a month so i'm hoping some of you who appreciate the site can help contribute whatever you can

if every visitor who drops by donated 1$ or more we'd have it in no time
if anyone was able to donate a few hundred it could be paid back over a few months..

you know i don't mind spending 2/3 of my income on keeping the community going. when i can help you avoid costly mistakes, helping you is all the reward i hope for, but i need to spend less on the server now and help my family thats helped me so much instead.

if we can pull together enough to purchase a server my site costs can drop from 3/4 of my meager income to 1/6th

we have 5 people living off 1 income  so really need to put some of what i spend on the site into helping pay the bills

please consider donating anything at all so this site stops being almost impossible to afford. (it is so huge it has fairly high requirements before people start just suggesting cheap hosting alternatives, i have spent 6 months trying to find any more affordable alternatives, buying our owns the only solution)

i can manage 1/3 of the costs myself i think

im hoping if the tens of thousands of you who use the site, a few hundred or so can spare a dollar or more

you know i'd sell my blood if i had to to continue helping you the way i do...

this way i wont have to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 04/08/16 07:26:21AM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

Hey Soaring Eagle! You spent way too much money from your income to keep this great community alive. We all should help you out to lower your costs. I will start right now!

updated by @dread-stpauli: 03/29/16 09:07:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome realy really appreciated

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

we had a couple great donations so far, the number of donations received is alot lower then expected however the ammount of each was alot higher then expected

a couple dozen more like that will really help a whole hell of alot!

the goals to buy a server that will cost about 1500 (less then i expected considering what we need) (thats the costs of the parts wich id then build, or 75-150 to have it built for me)

if we can get 2/3 in donations around the time the monthly server fees are due i can cover the rest (by not paying the monthly fee and using it for the purchase) i think i would have about a week to build configure test and move everything on to it without having to pay that months fees

been franticly attempting to find a more affordable solution for 6 months and this seems like the only way to go

vicki will be calling tomorow to see what she can contribute

its unfortunate that the next server payments in just 7 days so its not very likely we can pull it off in under 2 weeks, but i think its doable by next month

i will update as we get closer to our goal

thanks to all who donated so far, and to all who can soon

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

we have received a few donations so far, vicki will let me know what she can contribute later today, the next server payments due next week so its not likely we will have it worked out by then, however i just found out i do have a lil left over from an inheritence, wich i can borrow against if needed (leaving next to nothing to fall back on though) so, the goal is to get the funds together, build configure and test the server by the end of april and switch to it by may 1st at latest

this is doable though more donations coming in will certainly make it much easier. thank you all so much for your support

the goal is 1500 in 2 days we got 100

with 30 days to go, donations should help cover at least 1/2 i hope

i really appreciate the community support.. you know i will always do all i can for this community but it is wonderful to see the community givinggg back and helping secure a future.

this will guarantee that dreadlockssite is here to stay forever

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

almost all the details have been worked out, and it is definately happening (donations still are a huge help)

i may have managed to knock 1/3 off the price, i found a great server tech support volunteer whos eager to help

still trying to reduce the price a lil but we are now looking at just over 1100 well 12 the 1st month  then 80 after

it will be colocated in a server farm less then 30 miles from here with multiple redundancies for power network cooling etc etc

we hope to purchase it by april 15th so every donation we can get from now till then will help

it will switch over to the new server around the 1st of may..ish

we are alowing 2 weeks for configuring testing stress testing and tuning

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

new servers needed more desperately then ever we have had many bad server issues the past several days

ive been franticly working 20 hour days both trying to find the best deal on the new server and fixing issues with this server.. literally been doing both at the same time

if im on the phone doing 1im on the pc doing the other and back and forth nonstop

on the plus side, we are getting closer to having the server, but it will be a lil more $ then we thought

still trying to cut a few corners or raise a couple hundred more

in a couple weeks we should have it all worked out

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
8 years ago
156 posts

Thank you Soaring Eagle, you are putting a lot of heart and soul into this. I will figure out if i have some money left and donate again. You are following your path, no matter what. That is very remarkable!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thank you we are getting closer to having it covered..the recent server issues have sucked and still havent gotten the galleries working again (really hope to today but have not slept)

bout to power chug some coffee and see if i cant get it figured out

your photo showed despite the error message when i was trying to fix it i think i made it worse and havent figured out how to get it back working

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

wow thank you we are getting closer to having it covered..the recent server issues have sucked and still havent gotten the galleries working again (really hope to today but have not slept)

bout to power chug some coffee and see if i cant get it figured out

your photo showed despite the error message when i was trying to fix it i think i made it worse and havent figured out how to get it back working

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form