Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starter locks twisted in different directions

FlooHo
@flooho
9 years ago
4 posts

Hello guys, new to this forum and forums in general. 

I tried looking for this answer but was having trouble navigating so excuse me if this is a repeat question.

So I'm on my second week of my hair being twisted and I've noticed not all my locks are twisted the same way. I started them myself with my mothers help and I believe they were twisted the same way until I did my first wash and retwisted them. (I know now that I should of waited to retwist and not to retwist too often) I was thinking of taking the few that are twisted the opposite direction and restarting them but they are the one's that are the furthest along. Meaning they are already budding, if i understand budding, they have a knot in the middle and I'd hate having to take those out. So what should I do? The majority, which are twisted the same way are only locked at the tip, with a few budding.

Continue twisting my hair specifically for each lock and then when they are full mature start twisting all of them the same direction? or save myself the trouble and just twist all my locks in the same direction since I'm just starting out. 

By the way I have really thick 4c hair and that's why they are starting to lock so fast. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont evefr retwist at all

retwisting causes traction alopecia

weekly youd be bald in 5 months

it takes longer if you do it less but it should never be done at all

separate by piulling them away from eachothr..never bt retwisting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@dreadlocks-forums
9 years ago
29,640 posts

you should be washing more often at least weekly

and never ever retwist

retwisting causes balding

the direction they were twised in doesnt matter cause yiu want them to dread not stay twisted

so wash more and separate by pulling them apart And never retwist ever

--
FlooHo
@flooho
9 years ago
4 posts

Thank you for the responses. I've been washing every 3 days btw.

On a seperate note, I do martial arts and have been out so my hair wouldn't unravel, i'm rolling on the ground a lot and what not. Any clue when I should be able to go back without my hair being to affected? I plan on wearing something over my head while training. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

ok i thought your page said you started 3 weeks ago and this was your 1st wash every 3 days is great!

rolling aroud on thye ground  will onluy get em knotty  dont worry about it just have fun

you go girl  (you are a girl right? haha)

kick some ass

the only thing that  might affect em at this eary stage would be  having someone grab em run their fingers through em

but i wouldnt worry about enjoying the things you like to do

--
FlooHo
@flooho
9 years ago
4 posts

I love this forum you guys are very informational and on top of new posts! 
ahhah I am a male though.

Thanks for the support and advice. I look forward to being apart of this communtity.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

haha  the flooho i thought sounded feminine  but then again we are cool with that too if ya are haha

theres an lgbt group if u are

(if not srry haha)

--
FlooHo
@flooho
9 years ago
4 posts

Completely straight male 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus