Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally doing it.

Seaver
@seaver
9 years ago
3 posts

I had always wanted Dreadlocks, ever since I was a little kid. I was fascinated with Dreadlocks, I stared them them when I saw someone who had them, and I watched a lot of videos with bands whom happend to have members that had Dreadlocks. But the most notable one I admired was Jonathan Davis from Korn. I watched all of their videos, mesmerized by how they'd move when he shuffled about and swung his head. 

But I was faced with disapproval from Family, saying they looked dirty, trashy, etc. And Racial accusations from African Americans, saying that Dreadlocks were the cultural property of their people, etc, etc. 

I recently turned 18, and I went ahead and got dreadlocks anyway, despite all of the negativity surrounding them. I used the back-combing method, with rubber bands. And have been washing them every few days, I did do palm-rolling the first week, but only lightly. to help them along. I've been using Dawn Dish soap, since it's made not to leave residue, and is used world-wide to clean up animals, remove oil, sanitize silverware and dishes, etc. It seems to be working incredibly well. I put rubber-bands on my dreadlocks after I had formed them, but only lightly. I read that they can cause breakage, so as a test I used a pair of scissors to clip one in half, and the rubber band easily slipped out from around the dreadlock after a week of being in. So I just added a new one. 

About me, I'm quite the artsy person. I like to draw, I like fantasy books and games, I like to sculpt and carve wood, I like rock, classic rock, metal, select few rap bands, and folk songs. 

Glad to join the site, and meet fellow Dreadheads!

updated by @seaver: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the bands should have4 beejn removed on day 1    dissh soaps jo0t the ideal solution its ok if your trying to remove wax or have no other options but a dread shampoo is way better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Seaver
@seaver
9 years ago
3 posts

I can't get a Dread Shampoo just yet. But in a month or two I'll be able to buy it.

Frank84
@frank84
9 years ago
11 posts

First of all, the most compliments and encouragement I am getting (and I've only had dreadlocks for about 2 months) is from African Americans!  They are so fascinated by them and give me so many compliments!!  I haven't gotten a single negative comment from an African American thus far.  Just random strangers in public saying how awesome they look!  Oh...and the amazing look they give me when I saw no wax or product was used.  Second, I feel you about parental approvement, but only you can make yourself happy, no one else.  Just get used to the everyday normal questions people may ask however annoying.  For example, I'm vegan, and was so tired of people asking me where I got my protein.  Being defensive is not persuasive.  Just be happy and show that you're happy!!  That's the best thing you can do! Lastly, the dreadlock shampoo that SE recommends is so awesome, helpful, and smells sooo good!  Happy dreading!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

when  using baking soda and acv its 1 part bs 10 parts h2o  soap 10 min then rinse with water!  after rinsing with water make a very weak acv rinse and pour on then rinse right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Seaver
@seaver
9 years ago
3 posts

Thank you both for your comments and advice! I'll keep that in mind with the Baking Soda, Soaring Eagle.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form