Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose Hairs Within Dreads

Frank84
@frank84
9 years ago
11 posts

First, big thanks for all the helpful information and the fantastic website!  I've had my dreadlocks for a little over a month.  A combination of twist and rip and backcombing, no products used, and I wash with Buck County's tea tree liquid soap twice a week.  Sometimes I spray a tiny bit of tea tree oil diluted in water at spots on my scalp that feel dry.  I have typical Scandinavian type blonde hair.  For work I tie some back loosely and let others hang; outside of work, I let them hang naturally.  My question is, I have about 3 dreadlocks (and others starting) that have completely loose hair near the roots.  I see a lot of topics about loose roots, but not many about sections of straight hair within the actual dread.  I don't touch them, I leave them to do whatever they want.  But I sorta want to know why this has formed in the same spot in a few.  Loose hair at scalp -> knot/dreaded -> 1-2" of straight undreaded hair -> another 6 or more inches of knots and dreaded hair -> then the loose tips (which I want to keep loose).  Some of the straight sections seem to have grown, but I don't see how they could completely straighten out with the knots that have formed below.  Anyways, just curious as to why this happens more than anything, I don't plan on touching them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

2 things

1. you had your dreads just over a month  they are babies
  2. you tie your dreads back at work, its proobably loose where its restricted from moving

give em 6 months and you wont be able to find those spots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Frank84
@frank84
9 years ago
11 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
2 things you had your dreads just over a month  they are babies you tie your dreads back at work, its proobably loose where its restricted from moving give em 6 months and you wont be able to find those spots  

That makes sense considering the spots they're loose are the points furthest from where I tie them; therefore, the tightest spot probably.  I'm going to stop tying them and wear a loose-fitting tam at work.  And yes, they are definitely babies!  Really digging the shampoo you suggested, very nice scents.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

and will help them dread fast too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form