Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DLS vs VitalGoods

smackababy88
@smackababy88
9 years ago
5 posts

So ive been dreaded for just over a year now. Ive always used the bars and liquid from DLS. They were always highly recommended and the products smell amazing. However, no matter which kind I used I wouldnt get any dandruff relief. I tried all the products(expecially the ones recommended for danruff such as tea tree, rosemary, mint, etc), and combinations of them. I would use just the bars, or just the liquid or switch between the two every other washing and nothing helped. I never experienced any residue although I have seen some people complain about that issue with these products. 

Recently I switched over to VitalGood who ive also always seen highly recommened, especially for people with dandruff. Tonight I used VG liquid for the first time and im not really sure what to think...especially compared to DLS. Its kind of watery, and I ordered the nag chompa scent but the shampoo actually stinks a little and I dont smell even a hint of nag chompa in the bottle. Thats really disappointing since im so used to the awesome smells of DLS.

Has anyone else used these two products and what did you think of them? Was dandruff an issue with you too and which shampoo helped it the most. Is a bottle of VG typically watery and not very scented? Any info would be appreciated.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i tried vital goods liquid i poured 4 times as much as i use of the dreadlockshampoo on my whole head, on just 1/2 my beard and gave up

then tried  the bars i got out of the shower and 1st thing anyone said was "what happened to your skin"  it was so dried out and my nose ears nexk and forehead  had thick covering of dried flaking iritated skin

dreadlockshampoo bars give me the best dandruff relief but it comes back  slowly   i use a lil argon oil on  bad patches i dip q tips in the oil and spot treate where i need to every couple days

remember to use cold water too

and no nobody complained about residue  the vital good makers best freind  claimed to use a "rubber ducky" test puttintgg the bar in a shower with a rubber ducky on the floor then seeing residue on it\

like she ddnt use a body soap and like it couldnt be from the water itself

but she rated dreadlockshampoo as a bad shamoo and vitalgoods as the best

i have not6hing against the creator nor against the shampoo if you like it and it works for you but i found the liquid unusable and the bars  wreaked havoc on kmy already problem slin

ps if u ojly use the liquid rarely when your loose hairs are out of control  it will be less of a problem that has sea salt wich dries the hair and skin

pss if its  psriasis not true dandruf try pwatchouli instead of teatree

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

psss  this weekend ill be trying a charcoal based bar thats suposed to be a super deep cleanse

--
MadeMyDay
@mademyday
9 years ago
5 posts

Vicki was so kind to send me  that charcoal bar too! when my package arrives ( will take some more days though cuz im from Germany) i will try it and also tell all of you guys how it works

Greetings

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i thought mine would arive today  i better check on it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form