Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

All tied up (A couple questions)

NeonHyena
@neonhyena
9 years ago
4 posts

My boyfriend and I recently started our dready journey together both by using the Twist and Rip method. 

My problem is I am required to keep my hair up while at work and I'm worried that having to have my baby dreads up in a tight bun for 8-16 hours every day is going to stunt them. I'm not allowed to wear hats or head coverings so I am pretty much limited on what I can do. Any suggestions?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

not alowed is not alowed  you can wear them down under the law with the right justification

yes it will stunt thier development

its a shame you used tnr, its a lil harder, but not impossible to claim them as a religious or spiritual right

however if they are spiritual to you ..and your belief system wich is "any sincerely held belief" requires you to leave your hair down free and alowed to tangle on its own  then thier 'not alowed' is unconstitutional

whats the cxompany policy state in writing the exact wording

and whats the job and why do thry have such a policy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NeonHyena
@neonhyena
9 years ago
4 posts

I work at a long term care and rehabilitation facility. It's a health and safety issue to have my hair just kind of running free. I know first hand the merit of having my hair up at work because you only accidentally drag your hair through human poo once before you realize the policy of "keep your hair up" is not really about looking professional so much as protecting myself and my residents from the spread of infectious disease through fecal contact. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

in that case it is acceptible  policy  but it does not have to be a tight bun, loosers better  and you can just  knot up the dreads  any ol wich way you want  no bands or anythinjg only use dreads to tie dreads  the looser the better as long as they stay in place and as soon as u get out  let em hang free

health and safety trumps all thats why astraunauts firefighters and  fighter pilots  that require air tight and often pressurized masks  are the only jobs that can legally say dreads aere not possible

--
NeonHyena
@neonhyena
9 years ago
4 posts

Not to mention I work with dementia patients, so having loose hair or something hanging down presents a very attractive sensory experience for them to grab and pull. Learned that one the hard way too. :(  

NeonHyena
@neonhyena
9 years ago
4 posts

Thank you so much! As always you're a wealth of help. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea my bro and his ex worked in a home for mentalty chalenged people that was always a risk, his new girlfreind or wife or whatever she is has an autistic son that always loves just crumbling dried leaves or anything that  he can grab hold of  he came in 1 time  i thought he was about to give me a hug when he grabbed my beard with both hands hard and  started pulling ...ouch

lil tip wich they probably trained you  if they grabn your hair and try oulling dont try tostruggle dont try to pull thier hand away instead   grab thier hand and press it down to your skull  and calmly say let go till they do if you try pulling away you can hurt yoirself...and them  you can be  accused of abuse  if you struggle  but if you simply press thier hand down to your scalp so they cant oull and  wait for them to let go your fine

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form