Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Day 17 of my LOC

lovelocs
@lovelocs
9 years ago
8 posts

Hello everyone... You can call me Ceecee ... i Loc'd my hair on July 4th 2015... :) FOR MY FREEDOM.. . i am ready to accept every obstacle that comes along my way...

Thanks for having me

CC

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but no you just did some twists a couple weeks ago now you got to just wash it and let it lock..  its not goingto happen overnight but your off to a good start

wash often with s9omething goode for dreads

and dont retwist! just let them do the lockin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
lovelocs
@lovelocs
9 years ago
8 posts

sorry to bug you LOL... but my hair is already a very frizzy site to see .. when do u recommend i do retwist? a few friends of mine says i should retwist once a month.. but i guess that might be too often?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

never  never ever  it causews traction alopecia and balding  if u must  twice a year but not at alkl tight

40% of all african americans get traction alopecia  95% or more who retwist or interolock do

many dont stop even after 60% or more hair loss

its going to get frizzy b4 it gets tight u will always have frizz embreace it but itt will always be dreading

your freinds that tell ui to retwist do they have lots of scalp showing the dreads thinner then the sections pulling tight on the scalp?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

these are 100% natural never twisted to start, never retwisted  the other, a shocking example of the extreme damage retwisting can do, notice in the photo they are actively beingretwisted  even though the damage is already the most severe ive ever seen (and ive seen a whole hell of alot)  notice how healthy and thick they stay if u dont worry about alil frizz but just leave them be, but if u try to controll them by force  you do severe harm

--
lovelocs
@lovelocs
9 years ago
8 posts

wow wow! thank u for saving my hair ! so i am never to retwist my locs?? i promise to leave them alone as you tell me... i do want to retwist one day though.. maybe one or twice a year ? i am very concerned on how this work out for me! i've watched many youtube videos and after they wash their hair the baby locs look as if they need to be retwisted because the new growrh is so thick..

lovelocs
@lovelocs
9 years ago
8 posts

my friend Dona has extremely thick locs just like i like them :) no scalp showing .. and she says as my hair grows more i wont need to retiwst as often for the upkeep ... but for now 4-6 weeks is ideal to retwist ... but you've scared me straight lol.. i'll purchase beanies and etc to cover up my new growth while im a work.. thank u very much for your advice . i promise to keep you updated on my baby locs as months past.. i want to keep them healthy as they're now :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate using the poppin method instead of twisting

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form