Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can anyone help my poor scalp? My dreads are only babies and i dont ant to have to take them out.

littlebee
@littlebee
9 years ago
4 posts

So i have had a sensitive scalp for well over a year now, im not sure what trigured it but its always been quite managable. Until now! I have been putting dreads in slwoly with the twist n rip method and its going really well, i have only the top section of my head to do. My head has been itching quite a lot which i understand is normal and to be expected, im washing it twice a week to try keep the itching at bay using a lush shampoo bar. before dreading i didnt brush my hair hardly at all, i only used a lush shampoo bar to wash my hair and no conditioner. My scalp is now SO flakey, it looks awful :( I want to use a residue free shampoo but cant find any (im in the UK, not sure where everyone else is from) or i want to make my own but i dont know how. I hear lots about bicarb soda and apple cider rinse but not sure how often etc. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

updated by @littlebee: 06/07/15 08:02:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

bicarb will work you can do it weekly or whatever but eventualy it weakens the hair  so dont use it forever

no lush bars are technicaly dread safe according to the president of lush

dreadlocks shampoo is what id recomend although shipping to uk is high its flat rate and you can get 4-6  at the same shipping fee

teatree rosemary is best for dandruff

and stop using hot water 

cool to cold ...hot water dries thescalp increasing dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
littlebee
@littlebee
9 years ago
4 posts

Fab thanks. What dreadlock shampoo is this so I can look at it? Do you have a link? Thanks x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

some, ...most..but not all lush bars contain sls  wich is askin iritant an

dcauses dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Hey just want add to the link to the post that tackles if u still need this which I personally apply with my journey: ACV+BS wash and specifics, there many thread/posting like this and this is one of those.

Ratios: Baking Soda Wash Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse Sea Salt Mix by  @the-barrellady  and others who contributed to the post.

Link>> https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/new_posts/100320/ratios-baking-soda-wash-apple-cider-vinegar-rinse-sea-salt-mix/search_string=baking+soda

Please take note of the ratios. Also different people have different scenario, so you're the one who could decide what's best. If in doubt, I know this forum/group is widely open to here questions and anything.

Hope this helps. Happy dreading!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form