Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

giving up on the health of my dreads.

alejandro M galindo
@alejandro-m-galindo
9 years ago
8 posts
Full of split ends. Don't understand why. I pretty much was hands off with my dreads, and shampooed 4x a week with vegan dreadlocks shampoo. I noticed only recently that my locks are full of split ends. This saddens me, but I think I'm just gonna ride it out until my hair falls off. Its been since April since I stopped combing and conditioning.
20150508_085617.jpg
20150508_085617.jpg  •  2.2MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well they are most likely still there from your combing days but split ends arent a big deal to be sad about

it could be far far worse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
alejandro M galindo
@alejandro-m-galindo
9 years ago
8 posts

I had somewhat long hair before I stopped combing and conditioning so its probably I had them before. I should have paid more attention.

Sorry still knew to the forum but here is how they are now

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Galindo62/2015-05-08%2009.24.48_zps4dsn5maa.jpg

This is about 3 months ago

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/Galindo62/Mobile%20Uploads/20141121_232704_zpsxwrx7cgj.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

no backcombing right cause thats guaranteed to cause that

--
alejandro M galindo
@alejandro-m-galindo
9 years ago
8 posts

No sir, I have super curly hair. It dreaded naturally very quickly in about 3 months

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

probly pre-existing then

--
alejandro M galindo
@alejandro-m-galindo
9 years ago
8 posts

If the people who got "salon locs" can live with their unhealthy hair then so can I. 

I read your FAQs and guide a lot before dreading.  Thing I did differently: put my hair in a pony tail with a scrungie. (You said it wouldn't be a big deal, just more seperating)

And palm rolling. I know you hate palm rolling but it helps dry the hair so much faster. I did it slowly and not every time I showered but if it was a late night shower I would try to make them dry faster. 

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form