dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need your opinions..important

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the new sites nearly ready and almost perfect but not quite there yet

so im wanting to know ifyou think we should move in soonas we can and perfect it after we move in or wait tillall the lil imperfections are worked out then move in

note to shop owners if you want to set up a shop theres 2 options standard and featured we dont have it set up for featured shops to be featured yet so for the time being choose standard till the shops page is completed

and those who offered to help do a lil housecleaning type work ..this weeks the week to get it done so give me a shout in chat when you have free time and ill assign you a job to do

so..the question is ..switch to the new site around the end of this week or wait a couple more weeks to fine tune and polish it into perfection

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:06:30PM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts
I'd say wait a couple of weeks. Personally, it seems like I have found that in these situations, it is better to finish things first.. But it is all up to you SE.. Do what you feel like doing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ok next question who heres got the fastest connection...up and down

just seems like the thing thats taking up the most times downloading fresh archives from here and uploading them

if anyones got a really fast connection that would be willing to take over doing that we'd be done much faster

--
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts

You need to move to the new site asap. You loose a lot of traffic because this site is slow and not set up well. I work in the IT field and i don't post here often because it is a nightmare to use. I have even seen people on other sites say they don't use this one because of similar reasons. Move asap

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well then since u work in it how about a lil help im working 20 hour days in agony froma torn rotator cuff on code thats completely unfamiliar with me begging for help and doing it all on my own it would be done in a day if i had someone used to this code who can help

in doingt my best were getting close but without help its going to be weeks as it takes me hours to all day to figure out things that should take minutes if you know this stuff

ivesent out multiple requests for help each time having sokmone promicfe to have it done in a week.. each time they disapeared the next day

so telliung me to do it asap is no help unless your willing to lend a hand cause ive worked myself to exhaustion evcery single day..even christmass day after working till 5 am christmass eve

im only 1 man taking on amonumental project alone when we have multiple jeniuses here that can do this in thier sleep but noones helping

--
Koko Earthling
@koko-earthling
10 years ago
0 posts

Wish I was a genius, or even just had a better connection! I'm no help with that stuff... Sorry :( As for losing traffic, though, it is an issue, but not so big, because as soon as we launch the new website I can start on helping in a way I AM good at,- promoting! It'll be alright, do what you think is right SE. Whenever we move in, we'll get new traffic, I'm sure of it!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

that would be awesome ido have a couple of geniuses but like she works a min of 17 hours a day

has lupus and cancer and on chemo and now has ms like symptoms too

shes a super woman and super genius not only at it but law music promotion vetinary care u name it

were just tryijng to find a weekend for her to come over

--
SnowMonk3y
@snowmonk3y
10 years ago
17 posts

Are you building this site all from scratch or using a template?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its a template driven system using smarty codes modules can be custom mnade in php

its jamroom

jamrooms being specificly modded to import ning (our current system) data

ive heavily modded it already but im having some issues with some things and a bit of help we could finnish it in a day or 2

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

there are 3 modules i want to build 1 simple 1 not too hard 1 more complex\

1 a auto quota changer this way new members and shops need aproval for 15 or 30 days respectfully then auto change to full and no longer need aproval

this is optional but helpfiuul

2 a design studio for profiles i started building the basicsinto the profile modification tool but i want to make it its own module so i can share it with others moving from ning

3 a custom built in chat this will be the hardest

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form