Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Babies Over 40

Gypsy Vin Rose
@gypsy-vin-rose
10 years ago
19 posts

Having just turned 46, I feel free'r than ever since I started letting my hair do its own thing. For this past summer, my hair has been trying to form dreads naturally, though I have brushed many little dread babies from existence. That was a few months ago since I last made that mistake.

I've gone to 'full neglect mode' for about 2 months now, and I have my good days...I have my bad days. Still, I don't want to comb through my little dreadies. I am happy with the ones that have formed already, but the ones that still look more like a tangled web are getting to me; I must admit. What to do on days like this? Well...I've found myself avoiding the mirror a LOT. haha

Either way, I couldn't be happier with my baby dreads, and I remain hopeful that my tangles will soon form into lovely locks. Living on an island, near the beach is certainly a benefit to my new lovelies. I feel this new journey I am embarking upon is the right path to finding my true self. At my age, it's about time. : )

updated by @gypsy-vin-rose: 01/13/15 10:05:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i almost never look in sa mirror shadows tell u all uneed to know

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gypsy Vin Rose
@gypsy-vin-rose
10 years ago
19 posts

Thanks Soaring Eagle. Great advice. : ) This morning I'm feeling rather tempted to do a few twist and rip dreads at the nape of my neck. That part of my hair doesn't seem to want to do anything but just hang there. Should I be patient, and just wait it out? *needing words of wisdom...and some extra patience too*

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

igbnore it that part will always dread slowest and will always have kloose hairs and have new dreads forming but they take forever there..be patiennt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gypsy Vin Rose
@gypsy-vin-rose
10 years ago
19 posts

Thanks Soaring Eagle. It helps to know it's not just my stringy hair giving me the fits. hahaha I confess, I tried a few T & R dreads, but they don't seem to want to take. My hair is dreading better on its own. I'm just not known for being very patient. I'm staying away from the mirror, my shadow will keep me company for the rest of the day. : )

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form