dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Small intro, couple questions

Debora Housewright
@debora-housewright
10 years ago
1 posts

Hello lovely dreadheads

My name is Debora and I have attempted a dreadlock journey i think a total of 4 times, 1st my hair was too short, 2nd TnR and i didnt like my sections so i took them out, 3rd was at the beginning of this summer but i chicken out, and on Friday I decided to was finally the right time for me. plus ever since I attempted to the beginning of the summer I been teeter-totting the idea by going days without brushing. So Friday I washed my hair with the BS soak, and let it be and I am for one totally in love with the crazyness, my hair isn't dreading of course but it's definitly doing something I never felt so pretty and fierce. I'm going freeform, and have maybe 4 TnR just to see the difference. I tried searching for my answers but so much different information left me somewhat confused. Before embarking in this journey I usually wash my hair 2-3 week, and am not sure if I should wait a week before i wash again, and I do not live anywhere cool and was just gonna be washing with the BS soak and ACV rinse. is this not a great idea, i read its a great deep cleanse but not for a washing routine? Plus I do have very hard water as well so should I be using distilled water for washes or should they be ok with the baking soda and ACV?

Thanks for all the help, I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I just like extra clarifying.

updated by @debora-housewright: 01/13/15 10:05:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda and acv is great to start or as an ocasional deep cleanse but i found aafter 4 years of using only that that my hair was sitgnificantly weakened so i switched to dreadlockshampoo.com and its way stronger and healthier now those are made for hard water bvs/acv should work fine in hard water its the alkaline water in uk that seems to cause the only issues with it..that or way off ratios

a

u shouldnt need duistilled water

if u want to wash every 3 days wash every 3 days thats fine and will most likely dreead faster then if u washed less often (not always the case Just usually)

if u want to use bs acv use it properly no lemon no mixing the bs and acv together always rinse between the 2 and use the right ratios

consider a good natural dread shampoo if not now then later

although dreadlockshampoo.com is the most highly recomended if u click the shops link in the menu theres many other options and we dont alow any to be listed that dont meet our high standards and ethics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
10 years ago
198 posts
Love you sexy!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form