Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy scalp. PLEASE HELP

KnotLady
@knotlady
10 years ago
300 posts
So i have had dreads for 3 years now and love love love them but. i have been having problem with sore itchy bumps on my scalp and its getting worse! I wash my hair once or twice a week with bs/acv, bronners, and recently i tried nizoral to see if that would help...it did not. Has anyone else dealt with this?? Its the only thing that's bothered me with dreads. It feels crawly if that makes sense but my hubby says he doesn't see lice. So yeah its driving me crazy.
updated by @knotlady: 01/13/15 10:05:28PM
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Lice would be my first guess. Allergies my second. Try a different residue free shampoo like kiss my face's everyday shampoo. Do you wear your hair up a lot? There could be stress on your roots/scalp maybe?

taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

or it could be blocked pores. Does your scalp get any stimulation? Maybe rub the scalp to get more circulation and blood flow.

irieguy skyhigh
@irieguy-skyhigh
10 years ago
20 posts
If ur head is itchy all day n night...wear u cant bear it.and it feels like stuff crawling.den u got lice
KnotLady
@knotlady
10 years ago
300 posts
Its not lice! My whole family would have it.
KnotLady
@knotlady
10 years ago
300 posts
I do put it up everyday and it does seem to get bumps where uneven hairs get pulled. What essential oils are useful? I'm going to henna soon because that's really soothing and I plan on putting some oils in it. I also thought about doing coconut oil mixed with EOs on my scalp but wasn't sure how well that would wash out because I have friends with brushed hair that did th coconut oil and it took the a while to get it out and I'm not trying to be greasy lol
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

I would not put coconut oil in your hair. I use it on my skin i LOVE it! I rubs off a tiny bit onto my dreads but it is too heavy to actually apply to your dreads. I actually have gotten a sore spot/bump or two from wearing my hair back too tight. What I do now is I wrap a band around my head after I pull it up. It takes pressure off and distributes the weight a bit. Try putting a bit of tea tree oil on the bumps with a q-tip.

KnotLady
@knotlady
10 years ago
300 posts
Thanks! Got some eucalyptus oil today and some henna. I put my hair in a lower, looser bun today (as opposed to on top of my head like usual) and noticed a big difference. Its been awhile since I have perused the dreadlocks site but I remember you having absolutely beautiful dreads, Taye. :)
taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Thank you KnotLady ! Your dreads dreads are quite beautiful too. You should post a recent photo. I bet they have grown a lot!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form