Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A true self expression

Brandon Riggins
@brandon-riggins
10 years ago
3 posts

Hello wonderful souls! My name is Brandon and I'm very new to this site. I made the decision to stop cutting my hair after participating in "No Shave November" of 2013. At the time, I had a lot of things I thought were going downhill for me in life, (Jobs, Relationships, Etc.) when I was actually ridding myself of negativity I was surrounding myself with.

I am 22 years old and I've never had hair long enough to touch my eyebrows! It's always been buzzed for whatever reason. I don't really measure it so I just use points of my head to judge length for now.

________________________________________________________________________________________

After 6 months of growth, I came to realize there is absolutely no managing my hair type. It is very thick and course thanks to my mother's genes :) I was told by an old high school friend and natural dreadie that I should just "Let it do it's thing and lock up, it suits you anyway". I have always admired a beautiful set of locks and the owners are always the most wonderful of people.

I enjoy the love/hate reactions towards my looks and getting to this point has been a test in itself. I can't wait to continue to share my journey with you all and receive and give support along the way. I'm sure I will have questions

All pictures are chronological. The last being just now. I have been 3 days now without any product (organic aloe vera shampoo being the only thing I used to this point)

Thank you for reading :)

updated by @brandon-riggins: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts

Your hair is amazing! You will have lovely locks :)

Moon Child
@moon-child
10 years ago
51 posts

Welcome, and every one here is to give great amounts of support and advice. Don't ever be afraid to ask! (:

CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

Absolutely beautiful! Wow! :)

Keilaina
@keilaina
10 years ago
4 posts

Welcome! Your hair is perfect for sectioning itself. Great progress so far!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if u didnt keep it shavedshgort it woulda dreaded frrom birth wethere uwanted it to or not

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Riggins
@brandon-riggins
10 years ago
3 posts

I would have loved it to be! I was always made to keep it short due to my upbringing

soaring eagle said:

if u didnt keep it shavedshgort it woulda dreaded frrom birth wethere uwanted it to or not

Brandon Riggins
@brandon-riggins
10 years ago
3 posts

Thank you all! I'm excited to see what the following years will bring.

Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

Welcome and great start! One advantage you have with your hair not being crazy long is that your dreads will form and mature (and then grow) faster. I wish I had started dreads when I was 22. ;p

Lily
@lily
10 years ago
1 posts

Welcome, you have beautiful hair and eyes. I hope you make many friends

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form