Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Practical reasons for starting naturally

Garrett Sale
@garrett-sale
10 years ago
17 posts

I am sure that most of this has been mentioned before, but i just wanted to point out some really practically reasons for starting dreads naturally rather than other forced methods.

I started some backcombed dreads about 4 or 5 years ago (I think my prof picture is still of that time haha), i only made it about 6 months before i chopped for several reasons.

My hair is much longer now, about 10 to 11 inches and I have been going natural now for about 2 months.Here are some simple reasons why its already so much better of an experience:

1.) Comfort -sleeping with a fresh set of backcombed dreads is very uncomfortable. Its like a sleeping on rocks and it happens all of a sudden. With natural dreading it happens slowly and you never have to adjust.

2.) Natural looking - I felt like a freak when i had my fresh backcombed set. they would stick up everywhere, and i could never get my hair to part properly. With natural dreads, they form whichever way your hair already parts and the sectioning looks so much more natural.

3.) Maintenance - With my backcombed set i spent more time working on my hair than i did before i even had dreads. I was always worried about the combing coming undone or something. no maintenance with natural, the less you do the better, and loose hair doesn't even look bad with natural dreads.

4.) Enjoyment of the process - its entertaining to watch you hair form into locks on its own. You never know what you are going to get

updated by @garrett-sale: 01/13/15 10:04:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

great points but im sure theres so many other practice reasons why its the smarter option

ofcourse just money time energy management factors alone make its practicality common sence

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form