dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nondreading sections and super frizz

Chrystal Yoder
@chrystal-yoder
10 years ago
3 posts

2 quick question

1) the underneath of my hair started dreading right away and now even the front has started. the top layers in the back and some on the sides however have not is there anything i can do to help those areas start to dread?

2) where it has started dreading, basically underneath, it is constantly frizzy and is wanting to become one big mega dread if i don't separate it i don't even know how many times a day. is there anything i can do to keep that sorted out?

I guess really i need to know if there is a way to get the top to dread while getting the rest sorted out.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. :)

updated by @chrystal-yoder: 01/13/15 10:04:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

time tho it would be highly unusual that iu would need to seoerater several times a day...an d have slow dreading anywhere but the hairline

daily seperatings on ly needed in the rare cases of super fast dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chrystal Yoder
@chrystal-yoder
10 years ago
3 posts

The underneath is dreading quickly while the top is not. i don't know why but the underneath part of my hair has always tangled easier than the rest. underneath is where i have to continuously separate. I'm not going for big dreads so i started separating early on and the dreads are forming quickly but keep trying to combine themselves using the loose hairs that there are which are super frizzy and haven't yet formed their own dreads.

soaring eagle said:

time tho it would be highly unusual that iu would need to seoerater several times a day...an d have slow dreading anywhere but the hairline

daily seperatings on ly needed in the rare cases of super fast dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they wi8ll just need more time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chrystal Yoder
@chrystal-yoder
10 years ago
3 posts

Thats what i was thinking but i was secretly hoping someone would have an idea that might help. Even when i go days without separating and then separate the mess it is tangled back again in an hour. the longest I've gone between separating since they started all this is about 4 - 6 days and it was not good stuff when i did separate. I'm not naive, i don't want some quick fix, i know this all takes time. I was just looking for a way to tame the beast if there were one. Thanks for your input!

soaring eagle said:

they wi8ll just need more time

Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

Have you tried wrapping the separated parts? I've been thinking about doing it with a section in the back of my head that wants to congo constantly. Just haven't gone there yet. Or stick a bead on for a few days, just to help it learn to stay apart. I wouldn't leave the wrap or the bead on for more than a few days at a time, just so you can prevent weak spots. You sound like your hair is behaving much like mine. :) Time, patience, and maybe a trick or two in the meantime. That's my advice.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form