Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Destiny Marcano
@destiny-marcano
10 years ago
3 posts

i had something like this happen to me on my first set of dreads..i couldn't take it so i combed everything out. and i separate my hair every morning and every night, it's so necessary so this doesn't happen in the first stages of dreads. i heard of a method where they cut everything apart, and use crochet hooks to pull all the fallen and loose hair into each dread, but i'd assume that it would cause weak spots in the dreads and that doesn't seem like it'll be good in the long run because weak spots mean eventually it'll break and fall out..good luck!

Destiny Marcano
@destiny-marcano
10 years ago
3 posts

for my first set, i went completely natural. I began with a giant french braid on my hair and when i let it down it was sectioned on its own, but that's when i got the congo in the back from sleeping on it and stuff, i literally separated them like every 30 minutes no joke, still got a congo.

second set, which is where i am now, i started out with full twist and rip, i made sure they stayed a LITTLE loose that way they could do their thing, you know loop and bend and things like that. they're starting to crinkle up and form waves now!

i separate out of boredom if my hands aren't busy, i'm always touching them lol. but DEFINITELY i do my full head once every morning, once every night, and DEFINITELY after every shower or swim. although washing is necessary, it seems the fastest to me to form congos.

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

Oh no.. Jen... :( Have you tried re getting it wet and pulling apart...?? Mine is starting to want to kinda fuzz into each other.. but I only get mine wet every 4th day sometimes 3rd so my problem is not so bad....

You could try wrapping some problem ones until the rest are in control?? Have you started over?? :(

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

Sounds good.. for me personally my couple I'd say 4 that are still from original backcombing have not done ANYTHING... they are just like weighted things on my head.. where's the T&R have mostly all started to loop and stuff & they are lighter & feel more natural....

I was going to suggest as well maybe get your whole head braided & maybe just let those kinda loosen and dread over time if you're still up for it.. you can keep them small that way too.... Since you have the added issues with getting them wet constantly & kinda maybe rubbing with the helmet?

p.s We watched the movie 'River Wild' with Kevin Bacon & Meryl Streep last weekend & I told my little boy I had a dready friend that rafts.. ;)

((()))

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form