Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Locking at Root...its been 2 years still hasn't happened

bigpoppa212
@bigpoppa212
10 years ago
10 posts

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for a while and just decided to join, cool site. But I have a question. I started my journey two years ago and my hair still hasn't locked at the roots fully. Naturally my hair is very textured and soft, I've always thought that might have been the reason. Excuse me if I sound naive, I'm not really up on dread lingo lol nor do I do my hair myself.

updated by @bigpoppa212: 01/13/15 10:04:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how were they started and maintained and what do u mean by they arent locking at the roots

is there more then a 1/2inch between the scalp and dread also do u mean thberes loose hairs around the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

photos will help

so will all the details of what youve done u say u "do your hair ytourself" what is it u do

--
bigpoppa212
@bigpoppa212
10 years ago
10 posts

I started with interlocking...despite the rep that it has I think it worked well for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

considering that u interlocked they look damn good much healthier then expected

they look just the way they should look

what is it that u thinks wrong

because you dont look like your going bald like most imnterlockers? cause u do nnt see more scalp then hair?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

were products like wax used?

was it only interlocked to start? an d never again?

--
bigpoppa212
@bigpoppa212
10 years ago
10 posts

I guess its the fuzziness and the fact that I don't see my scalp often. Plus my head itches quite a bit. I interlocked for like the first, I want to say, 7 months. And they used oils no wax, I've never used wax. But I have used shea butter and now I am using gel.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how often are u washing u should nedver see the scalp thats traction alopecia and why most interlockers are gonna end up bald

be glad u dont see scalp

the scalpy looks not a good look anyway..and its a medical condition that salons try to sell you as preferable

its the reason why 40% of all african americAnsd get traction alopecia at 1 oiint oranother..its extremedly unhealthy and u should be damn proud to not see scalp

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

if its itching alot just means u need to wash more typicaly ppl that go to salons especialy afriocan american salons under wash to an extreme and should be washing 4-8-10 or more times more often then they do.. 1-3 times a week is good

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
10 years ago
393 posts

Since your hair grows out starting at the roots, your roots won't lock.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form