Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fat beads

stephen
@stephen
10 years ago
12 posts
My dreads are rather fat and large. Most people have a minimum of say 30 ish locks and are considered large or fat, I have a total of 13 or 14 so they are typically huge. My question is has any 1 else with fat locks had problems finding beads? I only ask because I have recently found a place to get some with holes up to 2cm or 20 mm, and don't know if it would be worth selling them. Thanks again
updated by @stephen: 01/13/15 10:04:14PM
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

Mine are still babies and growing (5.5 months in the natural process), but I've been looking in to options just from a cost standpoint. Have you thought about making your own? You can buy clay from a craft store and make the beads as wide as you need in a variety of colors or combine colors. You can also inlay wire before baking to hang charms from them and stuff like that if that's what you like. I bought some clay to try it but haven't gotten there yet. Just a thought...

stephen
@stephen
10 years ago
12 posts
I have actually tryed this already. It works very well the only problem is as they get quite large the clay gets very heavy, enough that u can feel them dragging u down. I used them for the first year, think I still have 1 or 2 that fit the thin ones but about 3 years in they have grown a lot lol. And the wooden ones are only 30c each lol so no real loss if I lose them. Tho if the clay works for u go for it a $5 block of clay makes roughly 10-20 beads depending
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form