Dreadlocks Forums

Mary's Au Naturale Timeline

Mary D
@mary-d
10 years ago
7 posts

Hi folks!

I'm Mary, and this is my timeline.

I've been washing my hair with baking soda since November, and rinse occasionally with ACV or nettle tea. I tossed the comb yesterday (5/21/14).

Since my hair is so short I may only update the timeline monthly or bi-weekly, but we'll see how things go!

I gotta long ways to go, but I'm enjoying every moment.

Peace!

Day 1:

My hair separates and re-separates itself constantly because of the curls.

Here's a view of the back:

Update to week 3!

My hair has been curlier than it has ever been in my entire life. Instead of the curls separating and re-separating daily, they all have their own sections. Some of the curls are tight and compact, others are fluffy.

The back still looks the same as it did from day one.

Another picture of week 3:

Aaaaaand its been 5 weeks since i've brushed my hair! And I don't miss the comb one bit. Went for a swim in the ocean twice this week, ahhh man I love that sweeet sweet salty water.

So here I am at 5 weeks, my hair is a mess. The other day my mum pointed that out. Now I'm smelly AND i have messy hair. Yay!

I started taking a biotin supplement a month ago, and so far I've noticed a difference in my nail strength.

If my hair were longer it may be locking up by this point.

7 week update!

I can't get any fingers through my hair without snagging knots.... there are knots, lots of knots! So I just don't touch my hair anymore (besides occasional separating), which was a harder habit to break than I thought.

And here is a picture of the back, there are knots but they are hard to see. But my hair has gained a lot of length and thickness in a short period of time.

updated by @mary-d: 02/14/15 03:56:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how cute :)

keep postin updates as they progress

at 1 day looks adorable already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary D
@mary-d
10 years ago
7 posts
Soooo.. How do I update my timeline ? I have a few photos to add :-)

soaring eagle said:

how cute :)

keep postin updates as they progress

at 1 day looks adorable already

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

at top..options..edit thenj add to it and save

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary D
@mary-d
10 years ago
7 posts
Yep I figured it out thanks. Phone keeps crashing though, so I'll update tomorrow.
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts

Cool! Excited to continue watching your journey:)

Mary D
@mary-d
10 years ago
7 posts

Thank you! :-}

Claire said:

Cool! Excited to continue watching your journey:)

Icky
@icky
10 years ago
8 posts

Can't wait to see where your hair goes! We seem to have similar hair texture/curliness, I started about a month before you did and I've been seeing fast progress. I hope you do too! :)

Mary D
@mary-d
10 years ago
7 posts

Yeah man my hair looked exactly like yours before I shaved my head back in October! Are you keeping a timeline Icky? I'd love to see your progress as well.
Icky said:

Can't wait to see where your hair goes! We seem to have similar hair texture/curliness, I started about a month before you did and I've been seeing fast progress. I hope you do too! :)

Icky
@icky
10 years ago
8 posts

Sweet, so we'll probably see very similar progress and results!

I currently do not have a timeline (I do have one blog post that I made BEFORE I realized there was a timeline forum: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profiles/blogs/one-month-of-letting-m... )

I am planning on making one when I do my next update; Saturday is my two month mark so I'll post a picture or two then!

Mary D said:

Yeah man my hair looked exactly like yours before I shaved my head back in October! Are you keeping a timeline Icky? I'd love to see your progress as well.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form