Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Learning to love my hair, a free form timeline.

Kris Walsh
@kris-walsh
10 years ago
10 posts

If I had started this when I put down my brush it would probably be named something else. As it is I'm 5 weeks into free form/natural/neglect dreads. To understand why I'm learning to love my hair you need to understand how I've viewed it most of my life. My main is THICK, coarse, curly/wavy, frizzy. It's always been unresponsive to styling and for the last 7 years I've worn it in a braid to keep it from knotting/tangling. April of 2013

I've always admired dreads but was afraid of what people would think, say or how I may be judged. After some research and discussing my decision with my kids I quit brushing March 23 of 2014.

After one week it was pretty well separated, I even had some baby dreads forming in the back underneath.

Week 2 I saw some sections tighten and more knots forming.

Week 3 I forgot to do my Sunday update pictures =( Bad me. on 4/10 some lovely craziness going on tho.

4/17 I was smiling at this guy, it was twisted back on itself and knotted =D

4/20 was 4 weeks.

5 Weeks, I find I'm loving the freedom of not worrying about what it looks like. If it knots that's a good thing right? I feel like my hair is doing what it was meant to do and not having to fight it into some sort of hairstyle is so liberating.

updated by @kris-walsh: 06/17/15 01:01:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i love your hair and the progress its making

im following it for now and i will feature it soon, probably around the 2 month mark

(unless anyone thinks it should be featured today)

i know its dreading fast..and oh so beautifully but i think waitting to feature till its made a lil more progress will really show off just how well its dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
It looks lovely!
Kris Walsh
@kris-walsh
10 years ago
10 posts

No rush, they'll still be there knotting up =D I'll try to get someone to help me get some decent pictures of the underneath. I can feel and see the dreads but it doesn't translate for some reason when my daughter takes pics.

soaring eagle said:

i love your hair and the progress its making

im following it for now and i will feature it soon, probably around the 2 month mark

(unless anyone thinks it should be featured today)

i know its dreading fast..and oh so beautifully but i think waitting to feature till its made a lil more progress will really show off just how well its dreading

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

Wow it's amazing... I bet you are so glad you just let it go natural... the progress is awesome!! Can't wait for more updates... :)

Shannon2
@shannon2
10 years ago
14 posts
Wow,the cool curls & colour you've got since you stopped brushing is awesome.Will be looking forward to updates!
Psybin
@psybin
10 years ago
32 posts

Looks great! I wish my hair would dread that fast. Anyone notice the soaring eagle flag in the seventh photo? xD

kat black
@kat-black
10 years ago
2 posts

I love your hair too! If I may ask, how often do you wash it, and with what?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

nice i hadnt noticed till now and i usualy spot every soaring bird anywhere within sight range

they sure are beautiful dreads tho thats what had me distracted i guess

Eric Organiscak said:

Looks great! I wish my hair would dread that fast. Anyone notice the soaring eagle flag in the seventh photo? xD

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Martin-Sean Horrigan
@peacefrog
10 years ago
4 posts

Namaste!

Wow! Awesome progress! They will be some badass dreads... will be checking in regularly to observe your progress.

Peace!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form